92. Inside the Pensieve.

When you opened your eyes you and Harry were sat in a room. You immediately knew where. You were in a court room and you had accidently followed Harry into the Pensieve.

"Why aren't they looking at us?" Harry asked you and you realised that he was referring to the many witches and wizards in the room. "Two kids just fell into the room shouldn't they be surprised or something."

"I don't know." You replied looking at the hustle of people looking for somewhere to sit or having a chat with their colleagues. "Maybe they don't care?" You looked at Harry but couldn't help notice that Dumbledore was sat on the other side of him. "Harry?" You said pointing at Dumbledore. Harry turned and saw him too.

"Professor!" Harry whispered loudly. "I'm sorry, we didn't mean to, we were just looking at the basin in your cabinet - we - where are we?" But Dumbledore didn't say anything he just sat there.

"Rude." You said confused. "Wait, Harry. I don't think any of them can see or hear us." You explained and Harry turned back to Dumbledore, frantically waving his hand in front of his face but Dumbledore did nothing.

"I think you might be right." Harry agreed.

"This is weird, right? This isn't normal, is it?"

"Well, I experience something like this in my second year."

"Right, with Tom Riddle's diary."

"Yeah."

"So what's the theory?" You asked as you surveyed the room around you it's brown wooden walls stretching up into white nothingness.

"My guess would be that we're in a memory."

"One of Dumbledore's memories?"

"Possibly."

"So where-" But you were cut off when you heard the sound of loud footsteps. Yours and Harry's attention was suddenly brought to a door in the corner that opened with a deafening sound echoing up the long four walls. The doors revealed a man who had two floating hooded figures behind him, you could fell the sudden weight of sorrow fill the room even though it was just a memory. "are those-"

"Dementors." Harry finished for you.

The Dementors guided the man, who looked green and unwell, to the chair and chained him to it before turning and leaving the door slamming behind them. Once they left you felt the room collectively breath out in relief. You now had a clear view of the man chained in the middle of the circle, it was Karkaroff, his features were obscured and darker and he was clearly younger than you had seen before, but it was still obviously him. You were about to say something to Harry but before you could open your mouth you heard a familiar voice.

"Igor Karkaroff." It was Mr Crouch. "You have been brought from Azkaban to give evidence to the Ministry of Magic. You have given us to understand that you have important information for us."

"I have, Sir." Karkaroff replied, his voice was shaking but it was still clearly his own, you and Harry watched everything carefully occasionally giving one another a passing look. "I wish to be of use to the Ministry. I wish to help. I - I know that the Ministry is trying to - to round up the last of the Dark Lord's supporters. I am eager to assist in any way I can..." When Karkaroff said this there was a murmur of hurried whispers that made its way all around the square room. That was when you noticed that Moody was talking to Dumbledore about the Dementors.

You and Harry watched as Karkaroff gave the Ministry many names of different Death Eaters. It was easy to tell which names meant more than others by how everyone in the room reacted to them. When Karkaroff was finally dismissed the room started to fade away like pixels in a television. The room slowly faded back in but this time you and Harry were sat on a different side of the room, this time you were next to Crouch and the person in the centre was Ludo Bagman.