26. S.P.E.W

After dinner, Hermione ran up to the library... again... while you, Ron and Harry went up to the common room. "Wouldn't Moody and Dumbledore be in trouble with the Ministry if they knew we'd seen the curses?" Harry asked once you reached the Fat Lady.

"Most likely." You replied.

"But Dumbledore's always done things his own way, hasn't he? And Moody's been getting into trouble for years, I reckon. Attacks first and ask questions later, look at his dustbins... Balderdash." Ron said before entering the portrait hole.

"Should we do our Divination homework?" You asked as the three of you sat down.

"I s'pose," Ron whined. You went up to your dormitory while the boys went up to theirs, so that you could gather your books and charts. Making sure to nab a table when you went back downstairs before Harry and Ron had come down, as well, to join you.

"We saw Neville." Harry informed you.

"Yeah? Is he alright?"

"Yeah, he's fine." Ron answered.

"Moody gave him some Herbology books."

"Oh, well, that's good." You smiled weakly. "Right, come on we've got a future to predict." You said trying not to sound like you didn't want to do it.

"I haven't got a clue what this lot's supposed to mean." Harry said ready to give up after one glance.

"You know, I think it's back to the old Divination standby."

"What's that?" You asked.

"It's when we make it up." Harry told you "Are you sure?" Harry asked Ron.

"Yeah," Ron sighed "watch and learn, (Y/n). So next Monday, I am likely to develop a cough, owing to the unlucky conjunction of Mars and Jupiter." You raised an eyebrow at him as if to say you-sure-that's-gonna-work? "That's all you need to do. You know her" Ron said more to Harry at this point " just put in loads of misery she'll lap it up."

"Right," you and Harry said together. The three of you came up with more and more horrible things to predict. Ron even suggested that you could have one of your eyes gouged out by one of the Skrewts. But you argued that it would be too obvious an injury.

After a while, you noticed Fred and George hiding in a corner. Whispering to one another and scribbling excitedly on a piece of parchment. Both you and Harry overheard George say "No, that sounds like we're accusing him. Got to be careful..."

But George looked over and saw you and Harry watching them. You both smiled at him but turned back not wanting to look like you were stalking him.

*****

After about ten minutes Hermione came through the portrait hole, carry a piece of parchment and a box. "Hello, I've just finished!"

"So have I!" Ron said exceedingly pleased with himself, as he dropped his quill onto the table. Hermione put down the things she was carrying and started to read Ron's predictions.

"Not going to have a very good month, are you?" She asked.

"Ah well, at least I'm forewarned." Ron said and you sniggered.

"Ron, you're drowning twice." You tell him after peering over Hermione's shoulder to see his predictions.

"Oh, am I?" He said taking the parchment back. "I'd better change one of them to getting trampled by a rampaging Hippogriff."

"Don't you think it's a bit obvious you've made these up?" Said Hermione.

"How dare you" Ron said faking offence. "We've been working like house-elves here... It's just an expression. " Ron added due to the look Hermione gave him.