83. Padfoot.

It was Saturday, which meant that you were finally going to meet Sirius Black. You were extremely excited to meet him for obvious reasons but also because Harry wasn't able to shut up about how happy he was to finally see his Godfather again, and you were really looking forward to seeing Harry's face light up. You and the others had managed to smuggle about a dozen chicken legs, a loaf of bread and a flask of pumpkin juice for Sirius in Harrys bag and made your way to Hogsmeade. Before going to meet him, the four of you went to buy Dobby some socks for helping Harry and did your best to find the silliest ones possible.

Finally it was time for you to meet Sirius so you followed the others since you didn't really know your way around Hogsmeade that well. As you walked down the street you saw a shaggy black dog at the end of the street by a pub with a newspaper in its mouth, it sat there evidently waiting for you. Harry, Ron and Hermione approached the dog and you followed them sheepishly.

"Hello, Sirius." Harry smiled at the dog and it approached Harry and sniffed the bag he was holding with the food in it. The dog was clearly very happy with the food that its tail was wagging enthusiastically. The dog suddenly turned and started to head away from them, wanting you all to follow him over a stile, so you did. You followed the dog it disappeared into a cave half an hour away from the town of Hogsmeade.

Still awkwardly behind everyone else you squeezed into the entrance of the cave, a little out of breath from the hike. It was cold and dimly lit but most importantly tied to the end of the cave was a beautiful creature that had the front legs, wings, and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse. It was a Hippogriff. But not just any Hippogriff, it was Buckbeak. It took you a while to notice that Harry, Ron and Hermione had bowed because you were in pure awe of his magnificence but you soon realised that you should also bow to win his favour and not long after Buckbeak bent down and bowed to you and your friends. When Buckbeak straightened up Hermione rushed towards him to stroke him. You walked over to Harry and the dog changed into Sirius dressed in raged grey robes.

"Chicken!" Sirius said excitedly putting down the daily prophet paper as Harry passed him the bag. "Thanks," Sirius huffed as he aggressively ate a chicken drumstick. "I've been living off rats mostly. Can't steal too much food from Hogsmeade; I'd draw attention to myself." Sirius informed Harry but his eyes quickly shifted over to you. "Who's this?"

"I'm (Y/n), sir, I'm a... friend of Harry's." You told Sirius but he seemed to look at you suspiciously.

"It's ok, Sirius. She just joined Hogwarts there was a mistake and they realised she should've joined when we had. Dumbledore had to sort it all out."

"Yeah, Dumbledore was the one who introduced me to these three in the first place, he also told me all about what happened in the last three years so... yeah... guess he knew what he was doing."

"Well, if Dumbledore trusts you then so do I." Sirius smiled at you and Harry so you smiled back but Harry's smile faltered.

"Sirius, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Fulfilling my duty as godfather, don't worry about me. I'm pretending to be a lovable stray." But when Sirius saw the concerned expression on Harry's face he continued. "I want to be more on the spot. Your last letter... well, let's just say things are getting fishier. I've been stealing the paper every time someone throws one out, and by the looks of things, I'm not the only one who's getting worried." Sirius gestured towards the daily prophet he had discarded only moments ago and Ron walked over and picked it up.

"What if they catch you?" Harry argued. "What if you're seen?"

"You... four and Dumbledore are the only ones round here who know I'm an Animagus." Sirius shrugged as Ron passed the Daily prophet to Harry. You looked over Harry's shoulder and saw an article that was titled: Mystery Illness of Bartemius Crouch and a second one called: Ministry Witch Still Missing - Minister for Magic Now Personally Involved.