10. A Display of Mascots.

You were almost at the very top of the stadium you were filled with nerves, you were ecstatic. Thousands of different emotions ran through your brain. You were so high up that you were level with the goal hoops that were fifty feet high. Your attention was drawn away from the pitch when Harry said "Dobby?" As Harry said it the small elf like creature dressed in a dirty tea-towel turned to face him.

"Did sir just call me Dobby?" The elf squeaked.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else." Harry told her.

"But I knows Dobby too, sir! My name is Winky, sir, and you, sir, you is surly Harry Potter!"

"Yes I am."

"But Dobby talks of you all the time, sir."

"How is he? How is freedom suiting him?"

"Ah, sir, meaning no disrespect, sir, but I is not sure you did Dobby a favour, sir, when you is setting him free." Winky went on to talk about how Dobby should do what an elf should which in her words was not having any fun. She said that even though she is scared of heights she is saving her masters seat (Barty Crouch).

When she finally finished talking the four of you turned around. "So that's a house elf" Ron said breaking the awkward silence "weird things, aren't they?"

"Dobby was weirder." Harry said sighing a little.

The display of the team mascots wasn't going to be for at least another half hour. But you were still extremely excited you couldn't wait to see them in person. But the wait made you very impatient.

"(Y/n)?" George asked as he sat down next to you.

"Yeah?" You asked looking back at George.

"How did you know what Fred and I wanted to bet?"

"Oh, I didn't it was just, I guess..." You didn't know what to say. Yes, you did know what they were going to bet. But you couldn't tell him why, so you had to come up with an excuse and quick. "I sort of guessed from what I've heard you talk about and stuff." You smiled hoping he would believe you.

"You must be very smart, to be able to pick things up so easily."

"Not really it's just simple deductions."

At that moment Cornelius Fudge, the minister for magic appeared. Percy somehow managed to shatter his glasses from bowing so low. Fudge introduced Harry to the other wizards that he was with. One of them was a Bulgarian wizard who you knew was pretending to not understand Fudge. The other wizard was Lucius Malfoy, who was with Draco and his Mother Narcissa.

There was a tense moment when Fudge mentioned Mr Weasley to Malfoy the two completely despised each other because of their shall we say... differences in opinions.

"Good Lord, Arthur, what did you have to sell to get seats in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much." Lucius Malfoy said looking very smug, and lucky for him Fudge didn't hear him. Fudge told Mr Weasley that Lucius was there as a special guest. Draco gave Harry, Ron and Hermione his classic eyebrow wiggle. His gaze falling onto you confusing him. Lucius' gaze was focused on Hermione. Looking down at her as if she was dirt. His gaze didn't so much as flutter onto you. Almost as if you didn't exist or require his attention, he stalked off, his son soon following.

Your eyes followed the blond-haired boy as he sat in between his parents. The atmosphere was so thick you could cut it with a knife. But you didn't notice this you said without even thinking, "So that's Draco Malfoy, not bad." The others looked at you with shock and even a dash of horror.

"He is fowl, (Y/n), absolutely fowl." Hermione said.

"Slimy gits." Ron agreed.

"I didn't say that they weren't, he's just doesn't disappoint, I guess. And you slapped him?" You asked Hermione who nodded "Damn." You grinned nudging her side.

Ludo Bagman ran into the box asking if everyone was ready to start the game. When the replies were all positive, he raised his wand to his throat and said "Sonorus!

"Ladies and gentlemen... Welcome! Welcome to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup!" Everyone cheered unable to withdraw the energy that enhanced everyone's feelings. It was contagious you were physically jumping when a huge blackboard flashed on. BULGARIA: ZERO, IRELAND: ZERO.

"And now, without further ado, allow me to introduce... The Bulgarian team mascots!"

"I wonder what they've brought?" Mr Weasley said "ahh, Veela!"

"What are Veel..." Harry was interrupted by his own thoughts as hundreds of beautiful women ran onto the pitch. They started dance, a lovely, elegant dance. The boys seemed to be in some sort of trance. Harry looked as though he was about to jump off the edge, but you expected this because of what the book described. But what you didn't expect was to see Fred and George pushing each other to get a better view. George won, pushing Fred onto the ground with a grimace look on his face. George looked blissfully happy as he looked down at the beautiful Veela. Almost too blissful. It made you feel uncomfortable, and your heart sank seeing him look at someone else in a way. A way that was nothing like how he looked at you. What? That's insane (Y/n) it doesn't matter what he thinks of me. Anyway, it's just what the Veela do they put people under their spell.

People started to yell profanities and angry words because the Veela had stopped. You ignored what was going on around you because you didn't want to miss anything. As you stared down onto the pitch below, Bagman's voice bellowed over all your thoughts.

"And now, kindly put your wands in the air... for the Irish National Team Mascots!"

A blast of green and gold flew into the stadium. It split and each part of the blast flew to the ends of the stadium and a rainbow formed meeting at the blasts. You joined in with the 'oohs' and 'ahhs' as the rainbow faded and the blasts reunited in the centre. Forming some kind of shamrock which floated up into the sky, golden coins falling from it. The image was actually leprechauns in red waistcoats holding green and gold lamps.