67. He Deserves It.

When you got off the mini stage you bumped into George. "Oh, sorry, (y/n)."

"That's alright, I'm not broken." You chuckled.

"Well, I was just coming to find you actually."

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah, I just wanted to say that your singing was, er, good." George told you awkwardly.

"Thanks. It was fun." You smiled.

"Glad to hear it." George smiled back, but something wasn't right he was acting strange.

"George, are you alright?"

"Huh? Yeah, course I am." He said his brown eyes twitching in multiple directions to avoid your eyes.

"Really, cos you're acting a little odd, where's your date? It's Alicia, right?" You asked trying not to sound disappointed that it wasn't you.

"Yeah, I dunno." He shrugged. "Where's Harry?" George said as if it were a retort.

"He went for a walk with Ron just as I finished the song, we had a... disagreement." You said regretting that you had ever left Harry; you could be with him right now listening into Snape and Karkaroff's conversation about their mark, but you weren't because you were being an idiot.

"Well, maybe you should go find him, seeming he is the better option."

"What do you mean, better option?"

"I'm just saying that you clearly thought that Harry was better than me all this time." George replied bluntly.

"Well, don't just say, because you have no idea what you're talking about."

"Really? So you haven't been teaching him how to dance and getting flustered..."

"How did you-?"

"Dancing randomly in the corridor together. Lying on his lap. Being told that you seem a perfect couple."

"Have you been spying on me?"

"No, I'm just very observant, because I want to be around you, but Harry is always there as well."

"He's my best friend, George, that's all, okay? I tried to come to the ball with you, I did, I asked you if you had a date and you lied to me."

"I lied to you because I assumed you were already going with him but I was wrong, okay? I screwed up, but then you went with him anyway."

"Yeah you're right, I did, because otherwise I would have no one. Every time I'm left alone Harry is there. And you're right about another thing, George, do you want to know what that is?" You asked basically spitting at him with anger.

"What?" George asked just as angry but scarier as he was able to tower over you.

"You screwed up, big time." By now tears were forming in your eyes but you were determined to stay angry. "So don't ever try and talk to me again, understand?"

"(Y/n), I've tried to be there for you."

"It really doesn't seem like. All I've done is be kind to you, George, and what do you do in return? This, you do this, and I'm sick of it." You finished backing away from him as Alicia Spinnet stood awkwardly behind him. "He's all yours," you said walking away.

"Fine! I don't need you anyway!" He yelled back at you as you managed to turn around just in time to see Alicia slap him around the face for the way he spoke to you.

You decided that you were going to try and find Harry and Ron knowing that they were probably listening to Hagrid's conversation with Maxime. So you left the Hall, tears overflowing silently from your eyes. You walked outside to see the fairy lights reflecting the exact opposite of your mood. You walked in the direction of water as you knew Hagrid would be at the fountain meaning Harry and Ron would be there, you reached a stuffed reindeer when you heard the loud sound of someone blowing their nose and before you could move any closer someone grabbed your arm and pulled you to the ground. "Harry?" You asked squinting at the shadow in front of you but he shushed you his hand still holding onto your arm. "Harry, I'm in a dress you can't just drag me..." but he shushed you again pointing in Hagrid's direction. So you lazily dried your eyes with your other arm before listening to the rest of the conversation.