51. Plenty!

When you were in the Library, Harry and Hermione were looking through many books. Technically you were also helping but, you knew you wouldn't find anything. So, you were sat with them, flipping through the pages sighing every time you finished one.

"Talon-clipping by charms... Treating scale rot... This is no good, this is for nutters Hagrid who want to keep them healthy..."

"'Dragons are extremely difficult to slay, owing to the ancient magic that imbues their thick hides, which none but the most powerful spells can penetrate...' But Sirius said a simple one would do it..."

"Then why don't we look at some simple spell books, instead?" You said as you put the books you had looked at away while the other two collected some more books and sat back down. You sat down next to them once you had put away the books. But as you sat down Harry gave an impatient huff.

"Hermione," he said through gritted teeth. "Will you shut up for a bit, please? I'm trying to concentrate." Hermione looked dumbfounded but silent. You smirked at Harry as you tried to hide how funny you found this situation.

"What do you find so funny?" Harry asked, but you couldn't tell if he was joking because he looked amused and annoyed at the same time.

"Nothing." You smirked about to go back to the book you picked up but found yourself trapped in a pair of confused green eyes. "Aren't you supposed to be concentrating, Potter?" You teased, but Harry seemed to ignore that it ever happened and carried on reading the book in his hand.

"Oh, no, he's back again," Hermione said, you looked up and saw Viktor Krum. He glanced over at the three of you before sitting in a corner. He'd been doing that a lot during his time at Hogwarts so far. Which was fine, he can read all he wants. But a load of giggling girls would often follow him, making it impossible to concentrate. "Why can't he read on his stupid ship? Come on, Harry, (Y/n), we'll go back to the common room... his fan club'll be here in a moment, twittering away."

*****

The common room was full when the three of got there. But you had your eyes focused on two people in particular, Fred and George. You thought back to what you and Fred had talked about last night, knowing that you should talk to them.

"Hey, (Y/n), we're going to go up to my dorm, it'll be quieter there."

"Huh?" You asked still looking at Fred and George laughing with one another.

"(Y/n)!" Hermione yelled, standing in front of you. "We're going up to Harry's dorm."

"Oh, umm, you go ahead, I'll come up later." You replied trying to look around Hermione's hair to see if they were still there. Hermione looked around as well, seeing who you were looking at.

"Oh, okay, go for it."

"You sure?" Harry asked looking a bit forlorn.

"Yeah, just don't have any fun without me, okay?" You joked.

"Yeah, okay?" Harry half smiled before going up to his dorm with Hermione. You turned back around, taking a deep breath, sitting next to George, so that you were opposite Fred. "Hey, Fred." You smiled dismissing George's uncomfortable shuffle.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Fred smiled back.

"So, what are you two doing?"

"Well..."

"Nothing important," George said and you and Fred looked at each other surprised. It was the first time that George had spoken to you for over a week. But he had never talked to you with such bluntness and dislike.

"Well, good," you said after you had forgotten shock and resulted to anger. "Because I need to talk to you."

"That's not necessary."

"Yes, George, it is."

"Fine what do you have to say that's so important?"

"Plenty." You snapped turning on your chair to face him as Fred snuck away while his brother was distracted. "For starters, I can't believe you've just been ignoring me for over a week. Do you really believe everything that your little brother says without hesitation? Without going to the person, me, for clarification?"

"Well..."

"No, George, you listen to me this time! Because I want you to understand that your brother had no idea what he was talking about. I want you to realise that Harry and I are best friends. That, yes, he means a lot to me but he's nothing more than that." George looked at you in astonishment.

"And it's the same for you. I want you to understand that I am furious that you didn't only not let me speak to you, but you ignored me because you thought I liked someone else."

"I... I..."

"Are you really that selfish, that you would stop talking to me because you don't want to see me Happy?"

"You've got it wrong."

"Then enlighten me, George."

"I didn't speak to you because I didn't want to get in the way of making you happy."

"Well, that didn't work, did it?" You laughed furiously. "Because you excluding yourself from my life does not make me happy." George sat there in a stunned silence as you stood up in rage. "It upsets me to see you avoiding me. Actually, forget upset it infuriates me, because I can't live with the fact that I am the one who hurt you! You're important to me, George, okay? So please just wake up and realise that your brother got it wrong." He still didn't speak but this angered you more because you wanted to know what he was thinking. "Please say something?"

When you said this, he stood up and walked up to you closing the gap between you. For a second you thought he was going to kiss you. But he seemed to resist the urge sighing as he took a step backwards. "I'm sorry, (Y/n), I should've talked to you sooner."

"Damn right." You agreed.

"Well... would it be ok if we start over?" He asked holding his hand out to you.

"I would love that." You smiled ignoring his hand and giving home a hug. "We're you seriously about to shake my hand?" You giggled in his ear.

"Well, I... Oh, shut up." He sighed nuzzling into your shoulder.