13. Reunited.

It was quiet now, so quiet that you'd be able to her a tiny twig snap if it did. But if it was quiet that meant it was safe to go back to the tent. "It's finally silent, listen." You said trying to get the others attention "The Ministry must have cleared the area."

"We can't know that for sure, if we stay here Dad will find us."

"Surely it will be easier for him if we just get back to the tent?"

"It's too risky, (Y/n)." George said looking as though he was about to pounce, he must have thought that you were going to leave alone again. But you weren't leaving this time, not without them, they needed to get back to the tent, they had to.

"Maybe, (Y/n)'s right, it'll be easier for Dad, he's done so much already." Ginny said getting up and standing next to you.

"Well, I guess it would be better." George said doing the same. Now you only needed Fred to agree. The three of you turned slowly to him waiting for his answer.

"Fine, but we stay together, no wondering off, ok?" He asked sternly "I mean it, (Y/n), do you understand."

"Crystal clear, cap'in." You saluted extravagantly.

"Okay then, let's go."

After a surprisingly short period of time walking next to Ginny you arrived at the tent. It was empty, but you had expected that. The site was completely deserted, and some tents were upturned. It was a miracle that the tent you had was still standing.

"Well, it does seem safe now." You said walking into the tent, the others following closely behind you.

"Are you sure they'll find us here?" Fred asked sceptically.

"Well, all our stuff is still here, I'm sure they'll come back soon." Once you said that Bill, Charlie and Percy ran into the tent and sighed with relief when they saw you. Percy ran straight to one of the beds to rip the sheets, because Bill's arm was bleeding copiously. Charlie's expression sank in an instance.

"Where are Harry, Ron and Hermione?" He asked making the other two realise their absence.

"We lost them in the hustle of all the people pushing and shoving to safety." George said.

"Bill are you okay?" Ginny asked running to her brother sitting him at a table and giving Percy a cloth for his bloody nose.

"And you didn't think to go look for them." Percy said irritability, taking the cloth from his sister without acknowledging her.

"It was too dangerous; we were safe where we were. There wasn't any point in risking our lives when we had no idea where they were." Fred defended himself.

"They did the best they could, bearing in mind the circumstances." Bill said tapping his brother on the shoulder in approval his other arm under a bed sheet to cover the bleeding. Percy looked as though he was going to protest but chose not to say anything. Leaving you in another awkward silence.

The silence was interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching the tent. Charlie poked his head out of the tent to see where the sound came from, "Dad, what's going on? Fred, George, Ginny and (Y/n) got back okay, but the others..." he said to the person outside who you assumed was Mr Weasley. You waited in anticipation to hear how he replied. It was almost like waiting for the results to a test, you would find out if you failed or not.

"I've got them here." You sighed with relief at the sound. Mr Weasley and your friends entered the tent, so you ran up to them swallowing them each in a hug.

"Did you get them, Dad? The person who conjured the Mark?" Bill asked from his table.

"No, we found Barty Crouch's elf holding Harry's wand. But we're none the wiser about who actually conjured the Mark." Mr Weasley said.

"What?" Bill, Charlie and Percy said in unison as you raised an eyebrow at Harry who you had finished hugging.

"Harry's wand?" You asked in false disbelief.

"Mr Crouch's elf?" Percy said almost taken completely of words. Before long Mr Weasley, Harry, Ron and Hermione had explained everything. It was actually interesting to listen to since you had never known their version of events.

"Well, Mr Crouch is quite right to get rid of an elf like that! Running away when he'd expressively told her not to... Embarrassing him in front of the whole ministry... How would that have looked, if she'd been had up in front of the department for the regulation and control ..."

"She didn't do anything; she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!" Hermione snapped at Percy.

"Hermione, a wizard and Mr crouch's position can't afford a house-elf who's going to run amok with a wand."

"She didn't run amok! She just picked it up off the ground!"

"Look, can someone just explain what the skull thing was? It wasn't hurting anyone... Why is it such a big deal?" Ron asked interrupting the argument.

"I told you, it's you-know-who's symbol, Ron. I read about it in 'The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts'."

"And it hasn't been seen for thirteen years" said Mr Weasley "of course people panicked... It was almost like seeing you know who back again."

"I don't get it, I mean... It's still only a safe in the sky..."

"Ron, you-know-who and his followers sent the dark Mark into the air whenever they killed, the terror inspired... You have no idea, you're too young. Just picture coming home, and finding the Dark Mark hovering over your house, and knowing what you're about to find inside... Everyone's worst fear... The very worst..." everyone was silent for a moment as Mr Weasley seemed to try and shudder a bad dream away.

"Well, it didn't help us tonight, whoever conjured it. It scared the Death Eaters a way that moment they saw it. They all separated before we got near enough to unmask any of them. We caught the Roberts' before they hit the ground, though. They're having their memories modified right now."

"Death Eaters? What are Death Eaters?" Harry asked.

"It's what You-Know-Who's supporters call themselves. I think we saw what's left of them tonight, the ones who managed to keep themselves out of Azkaban, anyway." Bill stated.

"We can't prove it was them, Bill, though it probably was."

"Yeah, I bet it was! Dad, we met Draco Malfoy in the woods, and he as good as told us his dad was one of those nutters in masks! And we all know the Malfoy's were right in with You-Know-Who!"

"But what were Voldemort's supporters" when Harry said Voldemort everyone gasped except you. "Sorry. What were You-Know-Who's supporters up to, levitating Muggles? I mean, what was the point?"

"The point?" Mr Weasley said in a way that almost scared you "Harry, that's their idea of fun. Half the Muggle killings back when You-Know-Who was in power were done for fun. I suppose they had a few drinks tonight and couldn't resist reminding us all that lots of them are still at large. A nice little reunion for them."

"But if they were the Death Eaters, why did they disapparate when they saw the Dark Mark?" You asked,

"Yeah, they'd have been pleased to see it, wouldn't they?" Ron also asked.

"Use your brains, Ron, if they were Death Eaters, they worked really hard to keep out of Azkaban when You-know-who lost power and told all sorts of lies about him forcing them to kill and torture people. I bet they'd be even more frightened than the rest of us to see him come back. They denied they'd ever been involved with him when he lost his powers, and went back to the daily lives... I don't reckon he'd be over pleased with them, do you?"

"So... who ever conjured the Dark Mark... were they doing it to show support for the Death Eaters..." Hermione began,

"Or... was it to scare them away?" You said pretending to catch on to what she was saying.

"Your guess is as good as ours, girls. But I'll tell you this... It was only the Death Eaters who ever knew how to conjure it. I'd be very surprised if the person who did it hadn't been a Death Eater, even if they're not now... Listen, it's very late, and if your mother has what's happened, she'll be worried sick. Will get a few more hours' sleep and then try and get an early portkey out of here."