62. We Need A Date.

It was Friday and neither you, Ron nor Harry had managed to get a date yet. The three of you were talking about getting some when Harry sighed in defeat,

"I suppose there's always Moaning Myrtle,"

"Come on, you two," Ron said looking at the gloomy expressions on your faces, "we've just got to grit our teeth and do it. When we get back to the common room tonight, all three of us will have partners... agreed."

"Yeah, I guess," you responded.

"Er..." Harry stammered looking at you and Ron "...ok,"

"Ayy, operation date search is a go." You cheered.

It was, not surprisingly, very difficult to find someone without a date, but then it dawned on you, Dean's date is never mentioned in the book, and he's one of your close friends, so, why not ask him... It was worth a shot, anyway.

It's incredible how when you really want to find some it is impossible, and they seem to be nowhere. It wasn't until dinner that you actually found Dean queuing up for his food.

"Hey, Dean!" You greeted creeping up behind him.

"Oh, hey (Y/n), you alright?"

"Yeah," you replied swaying on the balls of your feet. "I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with me. You know as friends."

"Oh, it's really nice that you thought of me, but I already got a date."

"Oh, that's fine." You shrugged off. "Sooo, whose the lucky girl?"

"Parvati Patil, you know your roommate."

"Oh, awesome," you said, that was when you processed what he had said. You became completely knocked you out of focus. "What?!"

"Parvati," Dean repeated. "You know, if you had asked sooner, I would've gone with you, I only asked her 'cause I assumed you were already taken."

"Oh. Shit, shit, shit, shit," you muttered as you tried to figure out a way to fix this mess you had unintentional caused.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" Dean asked putting his hand on your arm as he tried to comfort you. "I'm pretty sure Harry and Ron haven't got a date yet; you could go with one of them."

"Umm, yeah, thanks I'll think about it." You left the Hall not caring about dinner and headed straight to the Fat Lady. "Fairy lights," you heard a male voice say, you recognised it instantly.

"Harry!" You called, and he stopped as the portrait hole revealed itself, "let's go." The two of you entered the common room and saw Ron sat sheepishly in the corner with Ginny sat with him.

"What's up, Ron?" Ron looked up at you and Harry horror plastered on his face,

"Why did I do it? I don't know what made me do it!"

"Do what?" You asked.

"He, er, just asked Fleur Delacour to go to the ball with him," Ginny told the two of you,

"You what?" You and Harry said at the same time.

"I don't know what made me do it!" He repeated, "What was I playing at? There were people - all around - I've gone mad - everyone watching! I was just walking past her in the entrance hall, she was standing there talking to Diggory, and it's sort of came over me, and I asked her!" Ron almost sobbed at his stupidity, "She looked at me like I was a sea slug or something. Didn't even answer. And then, I don't know I just sort of came to my senses and ran for it."

"She's part Veela," Harry said, "You were right, her grandmother was one. It wasn't your fault, I bet you just walk past when she was turning on the old Charm for Diggory and got a blast of it, but she was wasting her time. He's going with Cho Chang." Both you and Ron turned to look at Harry with shock. "I asked her to go with me just now, and she told me." When Harry said this Ginny stopped smiling.