75. Valentine's Day.

"You said you'd already worked out that egg clue!" Hermione yelled in charms class where you and Harry had decided to tell Ron and Hermione about the night before, while learning the Banishing Charm (the opposite to the Summoning Charm).

"Keep your voice down!" Harry ordered Hermione. "I just need to... sort of fine-tune it, alright?"

"Forget the egg, for now." You said as you successfully Banishing a cushion. "We're trying to tell you what happened with Snape, I didn't hear all of it so Harry was telling you what happened before I arrived." You said suddenly feeling like a mother settling her children down.

"Snape said Moody's searched his office as well?" Ron whispered Banishing a cushion with minimal effort. "What... d'you reckon Moody's here to keep an eye on Snape as well as Karkaroff?"

"Well, I dunno if that's what Dumbledore asked him to do, but he's definitely doing it," Harry admitted, Banishing a cushion without looking so it did a kind out pathetic flop off the table. "Moody said Dumbledore only let's Snape here because he's giving him a second chance or something..."

"What?!" You and Ron said simultaneously.

"I wasn't there when he said that!"

"Harry... maybe Moody thinks Snape put your name in the Goblet of Fire!"

"Oh, Ron," Hermione sighed, "we thought Snape was trying to kill Harry before, and it turned out he was saving Harry's life, remember?" Hermione said Banishing her own cushion. "I don't care what Moody says, Dumbledore's not stupid. He was right to trust Hagrid and Professor Lupin, even though loads of people wouldn't have given them jobs, so why wouldn't he be right about Snape, even if he's a bit..."

"Evil," Ron finished for her.

"Plus, Dumbledore does make mistakes." You added. "I mean, he did hire Lockhart."

"Exactly," Ron agreed. "Come on, Hermione, why are all these Dark-wizard-catchers searching Snape's office, then?"

"Why has Mr Crouch been pretending to be ill? It's a bit funny, isn't it, that he can't manage to come to the Yule Ball, but he can get up here in the middle of the night when he wants to?"

"You just don't like Crouch because of that elf, Winky," Ron said, Banishing his own cushion out of the window.

"You just want to think Snape's up to something," Hermione said, sending her cushion to a box neatly.

"I just want to know what Snape did with his first chance, if he's on his second one," Harry said, Banishing his cushion to sit nicely on top of Hermione's to his surprise.

"And I just want to know what Mrs Norris was thinking..." You said as the other three looked at you blankly, "What all the good ones were taken." You told them Banishing a cushion to land directly on Professor Flitwick's head much to his surprise.

*****

It was the 14th of February otherwise known as Valentine's Day, but you didn't care about that to you it was just ten days before the second task or a regular Tuesday. You went to all of your lessons as normal, ignoring all of the couple's, who seemed to be everywhere, as you went. Like seriously where did all these couples come from?

After dinner you decided that you would go to the Library for some quiet time, so you said goodbye to Harry, Ron and Hermione and left the Hall.

After going to the Library you heard someone call your name as you made your way to the common room.

"(Y/n)! Wait!" You turned around to see George, it was the first time the two of you said a word to each other since the Yule Ball because you still weren't ready to talk to him, therefore, it he wasn't exactly the person you wanted to talk to, especially on Valentine's Day.