65. The Start of the Yule Ball.

You got to your dorm where Hermione was getting ready, "Hey, 'mione." You said moving to your trunk.

"Hey, (Y/n)." Hermione said as she frantically tried to tame her hair with sleekeazy's hair potion.

"Do you need any help?"

"No thanks, (Y/n), I'll go to the bathroom, you get ready."

"Have Lavender and Parvati got ready yet?"

"Not yet but they'll probably be here soon." She said before leaving and closing the door behind her. You took your dress out of your trunk and got ready putting on make-up to match the dress. This was your look:

 This was your look:

By the time you had finished Lavender and Parvati were almost ready

By the time you had finished Lavender and Parvati were almost ready. Once they were you joined them down in the common room. You weren't too keen to wait for them, but they were going with two of your closest friends, and they weren't quite as bad as you had expected. In fact you found herself rather close to them, but knew never to trust them with a secret.

"I still can't work out how you got the best-looking girl in the year to go with you, Harry." You heard Dean's voice coming down the boy's dormitory stairs.

"Awh, Dean, that's probably the nicest thing that you've ever said about me." you replied as they came into view. Dean gave you a small smile, which made you chuckle slightly. But Parvati did not look impressed in the slightest. Your gaze turned to Harry as he walked over to you. His eyes seemed to widen as he saw you showing how his green eyes melted into the blue of his suit."(Y/n)," he gasped. "You look amazing."

"Thanks, Harry, you're looking quite dapper yourself." You grinned.

"Padma's going to meet you in the Entrance Hall," Parvati informed Ron,

"Right," He replied, "Where's Hermione?" Parvati shrugged.

"Last time I knew she was in the bathroom," you told him. "Should we go then, Harry?"

"Okay," Harry said his nervousness becoming clear in his voice.

"Come on, you'll be fine." You encouraged in a lower tone so that only he could hear you. You noticed Fred wink at you on your way out and you replied with a funny face.

When you got to the Entrance Hall it was packed. Ron managed to find Padma, though he didn't seem to pay much attention to her. When the Durmstrang students came through the front doors that was when you actively looked for saw Hermione. Darting your eyes to each girl that hung on a Durmstrang arm until she finally found her. Hermione was almost unrecognizable in her blue dress, Viktor Krum holding her close.

"Champions over here, please!" Professor McGonagall called.

"See you in a minute" Harry said to Ron and Padma before you followed him through the crowd to McGonagall. The Champions and their partners had to wait as everyone else settled into their seats. But as they waited Harry's jaw fell open, which confused you a little as you hadn't even entered the Great Hall yet. But then you realised who he was looking at; he had noticed that Hermione was the girl who was with Krum. She approached the two of you so you nudged Harry to get him to close his mouth.

"Hi, Harry!" She beamed "Hi, (Y/n)!"

"Hey, 'mione." You grinned back as the Great Hall doors opened for everyone else to go in and settle down. Once they had McGonagall set the Champions in a line with their partners and followed her into the Hall. It was a surreal experience everyone was clapping as you entered. Your heart felt like it was racing at a hundred miles per hour. So, you gripped onto Harry's arm tightly and made your way to the top table.

At the top table were the judges Dumbledore, Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Bagman but in the place where Crouch should've been, was Percy. When Percy saw Harry, he gestured for the two of you to sit by him.

"I've been promoted," Percy smiled looking very smug. "I'm now Mr Crouch's personal assistant, and I'm here representing him."

"Why isn't he here?" Harry asked.

"I'm afraid to say Mr Crouch isn't well, not well at all. Hasn't been ri..." You stopped listening to Percy after that because you couldn't be bothered to hear him ramble on. But Harry seemed to be listening, so you didn't feel guilty or anything. You picked up the menu and pretended to concentrate on your options for food. When Percy had finally finished talking, you ordered you food by whispering it to the plate.

Both you and Harry listen to Krum talk to Hermione about the Durmstrang castle, but he was interrupted by Karkaroff. "Now, now, Viktor! Don't go giving away anything else, now, or your charming friend will now exactly where to find us!"

"Igor, all this secrecy..." Dumbledore said with his classic grin, "one would almost think you didn't want visitors."

"Well, Dumbledore, we are all protective of our private domains, are we not? Do we not jealously guard the halls of learning that have been entrusted to us? Are we not right to be proud that we alone know our school's secrets, and right to protect them?"

"Oh, I would never dream of assuming I know all Hogwarts' secrets, Igor," Dumbledore replied. "Only this morning for instance, I took a wrong turning on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautifully proportioned room I have never seen before, containing a really rather magnificent collection of chamber pots. When I went back to investigate more closely, I discovered that the room had vanished. But I must keep an eye out for it. Possibly it is only accessible at five thirty in the morning or it may only appear at the Quarter Moon - or when the seeker has an exceptionally full bladder." Both you and Harry choked on your food with laughter at this. But Percy didn't look that impressed; Dumbledore gave you and Harry a small wink before the two of you continued your meal.