5. A Long Walk.

As you started to walk you decided to introduce yourself to Hermione and Ginny. So, you walked next to them as Harry began to talk to Mr Weasley.

"Hey, I'm (Y/n)." You said trying to get into their conversation.

"Oh, hey I'm Hermione, and this is Ginny. You know, I think it's absolutely fascinating that you have to join in your fourth year. You must be the first in the history of ever." She said an eager look in her eyes.

"Yep, at least that's what Dumbledore said. So, you must be the smart one. I heard that Harry and Ron wouldn't last a day without you." You said knowing this would butter her up but also knowing it was the truth.

"Oh, umm thanks." She blushed. You were about to say something else, but you realised Fred and George walking in an angry silence.

"Umm, is it okay if I talk to you two later, you can carry on with the conversation you were having before I interrupted." You smiled half walking half running towards the twins.

"Hey." You said causing the two gingers to look over to where you now stood.

"Hey," they both said in a glum tone. You stood in silence until George said "Err... I'm sorry about earlier it's just Fred and I had worked so hard and..."

"It's okay you don't have to apologise I'm sure you had a good reason to be upset." You smiled at George, and you could've sworn he cheered up a little.

"Yeah, I don't expect you to get it, it's hard." George said frustrated "You know, when you work for something, you want so badly and..."

"And your mother doesn't give a crap about your life goals cause it seems impossible and stupid to her." Fred interrupted angrily.

"Trust me, I understand." You said sighing. The two of them stopped and turned to look at you.

"Really?" Fred asked.

"Yep."

"How come?" George asked as they continued to walk again listening to you contently.

"Well, I've always wanted to be an actress." You said and by the looks they gave you, you realised they didn't know what that was. "It's a person who pretend to be a person in a story, which Muggles watch for entertainment." After you said that they nodded to show they understood. "Well, my mum has always said that I was smart enough to do something important. Like an office job or something. Instead of imagining that something incredible and exciting could happen to me." You realised you had started to get passionate about what you were saying so decided to bring it down a bit. "She never understood that I couldn't cope in a job like that. Sitting down all day and writing paper reports, or whatever, it's too boring, I wouldn't survive."

"That's exactly how we feel." George said taken aback to how you understood and smiled at you in a way that made your stomach melt. How could he make me feel this way I barely know him, but do I? I've read the books and I know his general personality, but I never got to see him like this. You thought to yourself for the rest of the walk. Pacing next to George in a mutual silence. As you heaved yourself up a hill you didn't notice the glances George gave you.

When you got to the top Mr Weasley panted "Whew, well, we've made good time - We've got ten minutes..." Hermione was the last ones to make it to the top of the hill and as she came over you gave her a water bottle as Mr Weasley spoke. "Now we just need the Portkey. It won't be big... come on ..."

You and Hermione decided to split off from the others together. Look for the Portkey until you heard a voice in the distance. "Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!"

"Amos!" Mr Weasley said as two men appeared in front of them, one of which held a boot which you knew was the Portkey. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone, works for the department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric?"

Cedric was even more handsome than you ever imagined. It was indescribable those eyes, that nose, that hair, you were speechless. You hadn't realised that your reaction was visible, until Hermione nudged you. You closed your open mouth feeling heat rise to your cheeks.

"Hi," Cedric said looking at everyone until he caught your eye. Everyone said hi back apart from Fred and George. You knew they were annoyed that Cedric had beaten Gryffindor in a quidditch match last year. But you could help feel that it annoyed George more as he glanced at you. Had he noticed you blush, don't be silly! Even if he had he wouldn't care he doesn't even know me.

"Long walk Arthur?"

"Not too bad we live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, Cedric? I tell you; I'll be glad when he's got his apparition test. Still... not complaining... Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sack full of galleons - and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy..." Amos rambled he then looked over at all the kids and asked, " All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh, no, only the redheads. This is Hermione friend of Ron's and (Y/n) new student at Hogwarts needs to settle in Dumbledore's orders. And then there's Harry another friend -"

"Merlin's beard, Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er... yeah." Harry said, you felt sorry for Harry you knew he always got this, it must get annoying after a while.

"Ced's talked about you, of course, told us all about playing against you last year... I said to him, I said, Ced That'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will... You beat Harry Potter!" You knew this annoyed the twins because it wasn't exactly Harry's fault that dementors attacked him.

"He fell off his broom, dad, I told you... It was an accident..."

"Yes, but you didn't fall off, did you? Always modest, our Ced, always the gentleman... But the best man won, I'm sure Harry'd say the same, wouldn't you, eh? One falls off his broom, one stays on, you don't need to be a genius to tell which one's the better flyer!"

"Must be nearly time" Mr Weasley said looking at his watch "Do you know whether we're waiting for more Amos?"

They carried on talking about how no one else was coming. So, you tried to prepare yourself to hold on to the Portkey standing next to George and Hermione.

"You just need to touch the portkey, that's all, a finger will do-" Mr Weasley said to You, Harry and Hermione. Of course, you knew this, but Mr Weasley didn't, so you nodded as if you had understood. All ten of you stood in a tight circle holding on to any part of the boot. It was silent so you looked over at George nervous about what was about to happen. He realised this so gave you a comforting smile that you sent back.

"Three... two... one..." Immediately you felt the ground disappear beneath you. Your finger stuck to boot as if it was superglued on. You could hear the wind pass your ears and see the swirling colours that were described in her books. You started to feel uneasy, so you closed your eyes.

You fell to the ground hearing the thuds of everyone else fall around you. The ground felt weird, so you opened your eyes only to see a pair of brown ones looking right back at you. You immediately knew it was George. He smiled at you mischievously and you smiled back trying not to blush. Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of none other than Cedric Diggory's voice.

"Are you alright? (Y/n) was it?" He said helping you up as you nodded. He still looked as perfect as he did before the landing hadn't affected him, so this didn't surprise you. But still.

It hurt you a little to look into his eyes and see how happy he was. You knew his fate, you wished you could change it, but you could hear Dumbledore's voice in your head. You must make sure the events of Harry Potter's life go as you have read it. If not, then the whole universe would collapse as everything would become uneven. The same happened when you spoke to Fred, you hadn't thought about the pain this knowledge would bring you. You couldn't help but feel your eyes start to water as you looked at Cedric but fought them off by smiling at him. You then walked over to the others with him, unaware of the glares George sent Cedric's way. When you got to the others you heard a voice say "Seven past five from Stoat's head Hill"