Part One - First

I opened the door to my hotel room and slowly made my way in looking around as the dim yellow lights turned on.

The walls were peach colored in the small hallway. I looked into the mirror by the entrance door and blew a loose lock of red hair out of my face as I dropped my beg onto the built-in shelf.

I turned to check the small bathroom on the other side of the hallway then made my way into the main area of the room where was the king-sized bed with a tv and a desk in front of it and a big window looking out above the city.

I walked to the window and stood there with my arms crossed and smiled lightly. Chicago's noisy and bright evening streets were way below me and this quietness was much awaited after this hectic day behind.

A couple minutes passed then I made my way back to the bag to dig out my private phone. I didnt have a chance to have a look on it all day as I was mostly clinging onto my work phone.

I let out an annoyed huff as I saw the battery was dead, of course. I quickly dug out my charger and threw myself onto the chair by the desk, plugged my phone in and turned it on.

The annoying sounds of beeping, ringing and alerts kept on going what sent an uncomfortable shiver down my spine. I never get this many messages and alerts of missed phone calls; I quickly thought of the worst.

"Oh shit," I let out a sigh as I read some of the messages. It was, indeed, my birthday.

I frowned looking at the clock. Or well, it still is, for the next two hours. I made a face as I basically missed my own thirtieth birthday but maybe that is for the best.

I sat by the phone reading some of the birthday greetings I got and then thought about calling up my mother, but the time difference wouldn't allow to call to Europe now and not wake my whole family up, so I decided to leave it for tomorrow.

I rubbed my eyes, then whined realizing I do have make up on for today. I stood up and picking up my make-up bag I made my way to the bathroom where I have spent half an hour under the warm shower and then finally getting into my pjs I was ready to the bed.

I looked at the bed one last time appreciating its beauty then swiping the chocolates down from the pillow, I climbed under the heavy, comfy sheets and let out a relaxed sigh as I closed my eyes. My back was aching, and I felt it relax into the memory foam.

I closed my eyes ready to finally have my rest trying to not think about how not only me but basically everyone else who I am working with and live with totally forgot about my birthday.

So yes, when I say the day was hectic, I mean it.

I let out a tired sigh once more ready to sleep and leave this day behind when my private phone buzzed, and the alert sound was specifically my boss' customized tone.

I frowned confused and reached to grab my phone from the nightstand and read the text squinting.

Princess:

"R u sleeping?"

I breathed deep contemplating for a moment. My body yelled YES, but my mind couldn't resist, but do as an honest person would.

"Not yet. What's up?"

He was already typing so I looked at the screen waiting patiently.

Princess:

"So exhausted and cant seem to find my vitamins nor my creams"

I though about it then answered.

"It is in one of the bigger suitcases, not sure which one I put them in :/"

Princess: