Another day another girl

Arriving back to my apartment, Lynn stepped in and looked around for the first time.

"Wow... small but spacious at the same time," she smiled walking into the kitchen around the counter.

"Yeah, thanks to my decorating skills," I smiled leaving her luggage in the hallway.

"No Christmas decoration?" she asked with a frown.

"I wasn't home for Christmas," I shrugged walking after her into the kitchen and opened the fridge to grab out a bottle of red wine.

"Oh, you read my mind," she smiled taking the bottle to have a look on it as I took two glasses from the cabinet.

"Not that hard," I smiled sitting down onto one of the two stools.

Lynn smirked as she sat down onto the other one and waited as I poured a glass to each of us.

"Now, is this a better setting to tell me all about you and Mr. Nobody?" she grinned.

I already took a sip and giggled holding my palm in front of my mouth in case if I can't hold the sip in as I nodded amused.

Lynn was fifteen years old when I moved to the States. To be honest, she was the only reason what could hold me back from leaving, but even then she was a strong headed, fierce girl, who sent me off with the duty to get famous and rich so I can gain custody over her and take her with.

When I got a job linked to Jared, I told her all about his movies and music.

She liked the music but loved the movies. Her favorite was Mr.Nobody, hands down.

"Is it since that make out session you had and told will never happen again?" she grinned taking a sip as well, eyes glued on me.

"No, no," I shook my head. "He is more confusing than that," I smiled.

"Oh, of course he is," she chuckled turning towards me, crossing her legs. "So?"

"We are together for the past..." I looked up, counting the days. "eleven days," I stated slowly, it was hard to believe. It felt like we have been together forever; in a good way of course.

Lynn almost spit her drink she barely could swallow as she looked at me.

"Eleven days? That is not a sign of confusion it's a sign of lameness, what the hell you guys have been doing since Edinburgh?"

I shook my head.

"Oh, baby Lynn, getting together with a Jared Leto was longer and more painful of a process than getting the green card to the U.S., "I forced a smile.

She smiled back but probably saw how I didn't mean it as a joke and how everything is still crashing on my shoulders, so she waited patiently as I unfolded the story so far.

The rest of the afternoon and evening went on with venting, laughing and getting shamelessly drunk in the kitchen.

I felt relieved and free talking about my feelings and thoughts with someone other than Jared. With a friend who understands and supports. I missed this. It was something I had to get off my chest. I loved Jared, more than anything in this world and Lynn clearly knew that too, but she understood my concerns and reassured me I do have to stand up for myself. This is the time. And my drunken self couldn't have been more confident about this.

It was the third time, what I remember, hitting the snooze button on my phone as it kept going off the next morning.

I whined turning my head away from the window from where dim sunlight shone into the room, right into my face, and I pulled the blanket more onto myself hugging it around.