Mother in town

Hey there, reader,

I'm sorry for the late and out of schedule upload. My circumstances are not so bright at the moment, and the world around us not helping. I forced myself to finish this chapter and upload asap, I missed these two as well but I couldn't make myself sit down and write and I am trying my best to get back to it.

I wish you all health and well! Stay safe, stay sane and smile.

"Avery, sweetheart, wake up, coffee is ready!"

I heard my Mom from behind me.

I sat up on the opened couch, rubbing my face, then checked the time. It was seven in the morning.

It was my Mom's fourth day here and I have never seen her this hyped. She wanted to see everything and more. She wrote a daily schedule of the places to visit during her stay here and man, it was full. I wasn't mad at it; it was a huge weight taken off my shoulder as of what to do with her while she is here. It took nine years to get her on an airplane and now she was living her best life.

Standing up, I walked to the kitchenette and saw the coffee already poured with some baked goods from the store nearby.

"Did you go to the shop as well?" I asked stunned as I was kind of up when she was moving around the kitchen but never realized she actually left.

"Yes; I was craving for some fresh bakeries. One more morning with that avocado mash and I would fall into depression," she shook her head.

"Come on, don't over react," I smiled as I sat down.

"Over reacting? Have you seen yourself lately? You look like you need some good old English breakfast," she raised her eyebrows. "If you are following some celebrity diet because of that rockstar of yours you better come to senses."

"Mom," I sighed as there was not one day passing by without her mentioning Jared.

Right at the airport she was mocking me for using his car, the next day she got so mad when I told her I quit my job, telling me she didn't raise me to be a sugar baby. I didn't even know she knew what that word means, but I wouldn't be surprised if she heard this term from my half sister, Erica.

To be honest, I wasn't trying anymore to convince her about our relationship. I just let it slide, not reacting to it, hoping she will just forget about it, but seemed like this is bothering her more than I thought, what made me think maybe meeting Jared wouldn't make things worse, but better, since I don't think she can think any less of him at this point.

"Avery, I am just very worried about you. Now you are here without job, without friends and once I am back home, I can't help you if one day... he decides that he doesn't want you anymore," she sighed, caressing my hair behind my ear as her blue eyes looked into mine. "And you are worth so much more."

"I told you; not having a job is only temporary. And no; he won't leave me. We have future plans," I stated, not really wanting to tell more.

I remembered back with a smile when I asked Jared about him mentioning the baby topic. He admitted something in him shifted when he thought I can never have kids. He realized he needs to have that option open, and although he doesn't want to talk plural, he is now sure he wouldn't mind a family project some years from now on, which just... really made me realize that we do have a future. He does think about more than just the weekend ahead.

"Like what?" she asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Like staying together," I shrugged as I took a sip from my coffee. "What's our plan for today?" I asked trying to change the topic.