Protective or selfish

Hey there reader ^^

This chapter really is a "fling" :D I had a busy weekend didn't have time to think of anything story line wise but still wanted to put something out, so try to enjoy :D

Next time more action ;)

Btw, thank you for the feedback on the flash back chapter it was good to see many liked it, and will probably be more in the future <3

For the most part of the evening I was doing great in avoiding talking to Lily. The group was big enough to avoid even looking at her. I was talking to James and Sandra while sipping on my second beer.

After using the bathroom, I was washing my hand lost in thoughts about excuses to leave when the bathroom door opened and looking into the mirror, I saw Lily walking behind me.

"Hi," she smiled lightly, and I just nodded, turning my gaze back to my hands.

She was just standing there for another few seconds and I knew I won't get out of here without some small talk.

"You know, I'm... really sorry that what happened between me and Jared affected our friendship too," she said looking at me through the mirror and I looked back to her.

"Yeah," I muttered walking to the hand dryer, and she turned towards me, waiting for the dryer to stop.

"You look great," she smiled.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"Do you still keep contact with him?" she asked uncertain and I sighed.

"I do," stated, I turned towards her and just started to walk out.

"Avery wait," she asked walking to me and I sighed turning back. "I just... I know it's been four years but... I never got to thank you for... you know..." shrugged, "For telling the media that... we broke up before I... had this other guy..." she mumbled looking down ashamed.

I looked at her raising my eyebrows,

"Don't thank this Lily. It was not for you. It was all for Jared, so he doesn't have to listen to the public muttering about how he got cheated on. It was all to protect him, so don't thank it. And Jared for some weird reason called love, I don't know if you heard of it; didn't want to put you into a place where you would get backlash from everyone. I would have put you in the middle of the crossfire in a heartbeat," I did not try to control the anger in my tone.

She must have gotten surprised; she probably doesn't remember me as a person who would talk harshly.

"Avery, I never understood why you were, and still are this angry. I know I made a mistake I know it was a harsh ending, but understand me; I missed him and for him it was only the tour and I... I know I deserve to be labeled as a cheater, but I loved him, I really did... and I tried to talk to you so many times after that I..."

"You don't know why I am angry?" I asked outraged. "You loved him? It was only the tour for him? You are bullshit! After flying from country to country and putting on shows night after night, whenever he would have a couple days to relax, he would sit on a plane to travel across the world to see you! And for why I am angry? Because you were not there in the aftermath. You didn't have to watch him lose himself. You didn't have to work with a zombie. I would have done anything to make him smile just once or to make him focus on his work. He wouldn't do shoots, interviews, he would pick on everyone and be rude to the people around him. It was hell working with him. Shooting a movie, where he could detach from himself, was the only thing that helped this situation. He would stay in character for the whole shooting session. Yes, even on meetings regarding the band I had to cope with a transsexual woman, and I did like to talk to her a lot more at that time. There was a point I was wandering if Jared is ever gonna be back. There you go, this is what you did to him, you happy now?"