Our life, our rules pt. 2 - Ending

Hey there,

One and half year and 106 parts later this is it. The ending.

I have never thought that this story that I started writing because I felt creative and wanted to share with people who might be interested, would turn out a commitment and a free time activity I loved.

The characters I created will be missed; especially Avery, who grew on me for sure.

I would love to thank you all who showed interest, and followed along.
Thanks for all the support, comments what kept me going and gave me inspiration just as the votes and reads!

I'm sure I will be back but now it's time to take some time away from writing. Lets see if I can! :D

Love you all, stay safe and for now enjoy this double part with a beverage ❤️❤️

Love,
K.

A few hours later, I was peacefully riding laps around the barn on the ranch with the horse, Levi, getting ready for a longer walk with him and the trainer, Max; when once I reached the entrance of the barn, Max walked up to me, petting the horse to stop.

"What is it?" I asked, adjusting my helmet.

"Your phone keeps ringing in your purse. It's been several times already, I figured it could be urgent," he smiled as he held up my bag as my phone started to buzz again.

"Oh... alright, I'll get off," I stated as Max held his hand out to keep me in place as I jumped off the horse.

Dusting my pants down, I gave him a smile as I took the bag and grabbing my phone out I saw Jared's name before I picked up.

"Hey!"

"Avery! Finally! Been calling for ages!" he answered with a high voice. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am. I was on the horse, you know," I smiled and nodding to Max I walked a bit further away on the field. "What's up?"

"I need you to come back home. There's rain in the forecast," he stated simply.

"And?" I frowned, looking around.

Yes, the day was cloudy, but I was more than happy about the fact that I don't have to ride under the hot Sun for once.

"Well. You can't ride a horse in rain."

"Jay, if that would be the case, I would have never started horse riding to begin with. The Highlands are all about rain," I smiled.

"Avery stop talking back!" he growled annoyed and I blinked taken aback. "I don't want you out on a horse, soaking in the rain. They say it can become a storm! And let alone the ground can become muddy, the horse can slip, you can fall... and now it's not only you who you put in danger! I know horses! You have to be very careful!"

I rolled my eyes, rubbing my forehead.

"Honey, are we talking about California rain or tsunami in Japan?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

"Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot!" his voice raised and I was ready to talk back, but after some moments he continued with a much softer voice. "I don't want anything bad happen to you! Please, Avery... Please just come home, okay?"

He sounded so worried, it threw me back from talking back and made me feel uneasy.

"I'll see! Bye Jared."

I sighed loud as I lowered the phone from my ear and looked around; seeing dark clouds approaching from the horizon.

Slowly walking back, I bit my lip, thinking, no way I will just go home because he commanded it, basically.