A day in the life

Happy midweek 😊

Sorry for being M.I.A. (Summer vibes 😅) now back on track.
Enjoy this chapter before a jump in time where we are going to visit Avery's family.

The next morning, after putting on some panties and a top, I put my hair up into a pony tail and after a quick face rinse I headed out of the room with a smile on my face.

When Jared told he would love to start trying for a baby, I felt like we couldn't be a better match even if we wanted to. I didn't even dare to hint that idea of mine, so when he came around with this plan, I was more than happy.

Now sleeping on it, the happiness and excitement constantly kept switching up with nervousness and overthinking; even though the thought seemed so right, I was hoping people won't think it is too soon, or too rushed or unreasonable, or that we will not realize all those things too late.

But it is not like I could get pregnant tomorrow; I still have to get off the pill. One step at a time. So I decided it was time to get out of bed, take a deep breath and start the day.

Walking to the staircase I was ready to make my way down when I heard shuffling around and Jared's muffled voice from a room on the other side so I smiled, tiptoeing there.

It sounded like he was talking to someone, so I carefully pushed the door open, but the smile froze onto my face when around five other people's eyes landed on me.

"Uh... s... sorry..." I muttered as I caught eye with Jared who blinked surprised as he was sitting at the front of the big table, some sort of charts were being presented on the wall by a man in front of the room.

Pulling my top down as I turned on my heels, I basically ran back into our room.

I quickly changed into jeans and a yellow polo shirt before I peeked out, and seeing the hall clear, I hurried down the stairs and into the kitchen to make myself some coffee.

I felt my face still burning from before.

I knew he was putting together a meeting room but I did not realize it was already ready, let alone that he already is having meetings there at nine in the morning. But then again, what was I thinking? That he just sits there all alone?

Uhh... I growled as I leaned to the counter, going through my social media, biting my nails.

Walking into the dining room, I saw the terrace door already open, a slight breeze was moving the light curtains. Half drank cups of coffees, juices and some leftover breakfast was scattered across the wooden dining table and I huffed, hoping no one's going to come back down any time soon.

I wasn't sure I can handle strangers in my home. I just wanted to have a nice relaxing morning in my pj's but instead I can sit around, worry about who's gonna come down and comment on my panties they had to witness earlier.

Fifteen minutes later, I was sipping on my coffee, looking out to the pool, still having to remind myself that this is my place as well; that I am not just hanging around here, when I heard footsteps approaching.

I sat up straight, trying to look awake, but a slight relief took over me when I saw Jared appearing in the dining room.

"Morning sunshine," he grinned walking over to plant a kiss on top of my head.

"You could have told me you know... That you have people around."

He kept looking at me amused as he sat down as well.

"You never walked straight to the meeting quarters after you woke up."

"Yeah, but I heard your voice," I muttered from behind my cup. "And it's still so strange that you have quarters in your home," I smiled.