Surrender

Hey there, reader,❤️

Hope you all are doing fine and finding some peace out there. I'm bearing gifts this time.

Usually I don't warn about sexy chapters but this one I feel like I have to mention here too:

Mature content, read in peace 😄

"Alright... South Park or friends?" asked Jared as he took his plate of lasagna ready to leave the kitchen but I just looked after him uncertain. "Or some movie?" He asked turning back questioningly.

I know there weren't many times that just the two of us would sit by the table while eating... but just what he thought I had put on my dress and high-heels for?

"I was... actually thinking that we could have the dinner... here," I peeked to the table with the jug of freshly pressed orange juice and cutlery.

"Oh... sure, why not," he shrugged, walking back to the table, sitting down, then smiled up to me with sparkling eyes, almost child like.

I sat down too, carefully caressing the dress underneath me then on top of my thighs as I sat up straight, giving Jared a light smile as I poured some juice for us.

I don't know if it was him so not getting my attempt for a romantic dinner or just me, but sitting across him by the table felt awkward.

"So..." he looked at his lasagna to grab a piece with his fork before he looked back up to me. "Wanna talk about this... cold food thing? Your Mom said it is from an eating disorder?" he asked on a serious note then took the bite.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably, pushing the hair behind my ear as I was still not used to the short locks falling forward.

"Jared I... don't want to talk about it right now," I looked at him softly.

"I just... I knew you had this weird habit but I never thought much of it. But I would like you to tell me..."

"I will!" I cut him short. "I will just... I don't want this to be tonight's topic," I sighed as I took a sip of the juice, noting in myself how weird it is not to have wine with my dinner.

"Alright..." he muttered as he chewed and took another forkful.

I nodded as I started eating too.

"Mom and my cousin's family comes for next weekend. Remember Brian, Anna and the twins?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "They are coming to see you?"

"Yes. We planned some grill party for Friday. They arrive next Thursday and leave on Sunday," he explained.

I nodded lost in thoughts as I slowly chewed on my food watching Jared.

Suddenly it felt like we were this old couple who have little to nothing to chat about during dinner. And I felt so overdressed for that little recognition I got in exchange.

"The food's fucking delicious, by the way," he mumbled with full mouth then his big eyes shone up to me.

He just seemed so... happy and content. Calm even.

I was ready to face the Jared after a tour. The restless, the depressed, the all mighty who tries to get back down to Earth but so far he was just... normal. He was fine. Maybe I was the one overthinking.

"Thank you," I smiled. "So long I had no idea what I was doing, but you can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel at some point."

"And you don't burn down my kitchen. Keeper," he grinned then took a sip of his juice.