Home

Here's to a weekend all!

I know it's short but I have had a busy and stressful week and did not find time to write. :(

Hope you enjoy! 

"I can't... I just can't do this..." I muttered as I hurried away from the cafe.

"Avery, wait up!" I heard Shannon's voice but I just kept walking, shaking my head.

"Avery, come on," he managed to step in front of me what forced me to stop, looking down.

"I'm sorry, I just... I can't deal with her right now. And I don't even want to know why she is with you, I..."

"When I told you she came by to the shop last month asking about you and Jared... since then she obviously saw the pictures but she keeps stopping by, just being all friendly... She... asked about Jared a lot...  I figured I would keep her close... to make sure she is not the stalker. And honestly, I don't think she is. She just wants to put the past behind and reconnect." he shrugged.

I sighed looking up to him.

"I'm pretty sure it's Lora, Shannon. She made it pretty clear earlier."

"What? What happened?"

I took a breath to speak but then Lily stepped to us awkwardly.

"Hey... Look, I know... about you and Jared and I was just..."

"And you are just trying to get in the middle right?" I asked, trying to sound angry but desperation was stronger as I turned to her.

"You had him once; he loved you, he... really did and you fucked it up! You got a second chance but you just fucked it up even more by using him and his love! You don't get a third chance! You can't just show up years later and swing yourself back into our lives!" I raised my voice wanting to sound confident so bad. "Yes, OUR lives! Because I was there for him all along and you and all these barbies just can't accept the fact that for once the odd one out gets to be happy, yeah? Well guess what, honesty, love and trust takes you further than looks!"

She and Shannon both looked at me stunned.

"I... I didn't I just..." Lily breathed. "I wanted to talk to both you and Jared to just..."

"WE pass," I cut in, shock in my voice.

Walking around them I started to get away.

"Let me take you home," Shannon hurried after me.

"Take HER home, what do I care..." I muttered hurt as I continued walking, finally both of them gave up on following me.

The next day it was Shannon who showed up at my work to apologize for not telling me he has been hanging out with Lily. His excuse of keeping an eye on her was kind of suspicious, but I didn't want to drag on the topic and just let it go as he was soon off to Nepal and neither of us wanted to say goodbye with any tension.

Of course, as far as I know, he didn't mention anything about it to Jared, for obvious reasons, and I asked him not to tell him about Lora's visit just yet. As I explained to Shannon, I was hoping that she just had to confront me, let it out and after calming down she won't be a bother anymore. 

I was still on the outlook when going to or coming from work the next week but Lora did not show up and Lily seemed to be off the radar too, which helped me ease my mind and concentrate on my life and my choices.

Next Tuesday I was planning a calm, pampering evening for myself as Jared was scheduled to land on Wednesday afternoon and promised to pick me up from work on the way.