Family issues

Not the proudest of this chapter but I felt like it had to be written like this. This is it for this week as I am packed for the weekend sadly, not with fun stuffs...
There's going to be a birthday chapter and then another flashback is on the way and after that right back to LA!

Enjoy <3

The second day of Christmas I woke up with a big stretch as a smile appeared on my face.

Turning to look at Jared's side on the bed I realized he is not there anymore, and a disappointed sigh escaped my lips as I hugged his pillow.

Allowing my body to slowly wake up I laid around for a couple of minutes before I reached for my phone what was still on airplane mode since yesterday morning and checked the time.

It was half past ten and I rubbed my eyes, getting out of the bed and grabbing up my favorite, over sized jumper with some yoga pants and made my way to the bathroom.

Walking down the stairs silently I heard Frank Sinatra's Christmas music playing in the living room and Constance's respond to something caught my attention and I stood in place listening attentively.

"She is such a sucker for your love, don't let her suffocate you," Constance chuckled.

"I know, but I can't help it. She is just over hyped because I finally give her attention," Jared's grinning voice responded. "Who can blame her."

"Jared, she is ruining your work!" Constance's worried voice came, and I just grabbed the corridor more as my heart started to beat faster and continued walking down the stairs robotic, not wanting to hear anymore.

I was on the edge of falling apart inside, when reaching the end of the stairs where the wall was not around anymore, looking into the living room area I saw Constance standing in front of a canvas, just as Jared in front of his own, with one of the dogs standing on two legs as Jared hugged her around.

The dog's wagging tale was hitting his canvas and Jared chuckled.

"You little bitch, I will play with you but don't sabotage my creativeness," he mumbled pulling the dog away and it suddenly all made sense.

I felt a huge weight falling from my heart as I smiled lightly.

"Morning," I smiled shyly, tugging on the end of the sleeves of my jumper as both pairs of blue eyes looked at me with the same smile.

"Morning, darling," nodded Constance.

"Morning," Jared's smile grew wider as he instantly straightened up and walked to me, with the dog jumping around him playfully.

I smiled at him as he opened his arms and I just leaned to his chest, letting him embrace me.

"Slept well?"

"Uhum," I mumbled breathing in his scent.

"I'll go brew some coffee for you, Avery," I heard Constance's voice and I peeked to her.

"It's alright, I can make some, I don't wanna interrupt.

"Oh, shush," she smiled with a wave as she disappeared into the kitchen.

Jared pulled a bit away what made me look up to him.

His growing hair was pushed back with a headband and I chuckled lightly.

"You look adorable."

"I know, baby," he grinned pecking my lips then grabbed my hand. "Come, take a look on my painting.