Choosing dreams

Morning, Afternoon, Evening wherever you are! 🤗

I hope you are doing alright and by now found some balance in this new life. One of the things what keeps me sane is writing this story even if it is hard to find time or inspiration; I make myself write a little every day. It might not be the best chapters I put out but I enjoy writing them, so this is it for now. I still have a lot in mind for the story and trying to put them on "paper" as I can.

Enjoy, thank you all for sticking around! Throw a vote if you are still a reader. 😊

Jared's promise of calling me back in five; as most of his promises, faded away as time went by.

It was already ten to ten and I was walking through my floor of the office, smiling kindly at Evan, the secretary.

It was a great feeling to be back, but the uncertainty of where exactly I will be working was making me nervous. 

"Miss Forbs! Welcome back. Larry is already waiting for you; just go ahead," Evan motioned me towards the office and I nodded walking to the big glass door.

I pulled my pencil skirt to place, tucked my green blouse more in, tightened my pony tail and knocked on the door.

"Come on in!"

"Morning, Larry," I smiled as I walked in towards his wooden table, remembering the week before Christmas when I was taking over his office. I loved every second of it.

I was hoping for a promotion, but one which wasn't that tide to an office.

Was I asking too much? Maybe. Who were not tied to an office were the Communication managers and Talent managers. Since Larry was the communication manager and I was sure he doesn't have any plans of retiring, I only had the hope for a Talent manger position since I was working with them couple of times already. 

"I'm happy to see you smiling; the healing went accordingly then?" he asked as he motioned me to sit in front of his desk into that brown armchair that always was a place of anxiety.

"Yes, it did. And I am more than ready to come back to work next week," I nodded as I sat down, crossing my legs.

"I already hinted that you won't be coming back to the same position as before," he started and I nodded in acknowledgement. "In the last half a year I had time to really see what you are good at and that is why I had no doubt to leave you lead my office while I was away. But to be honest... you were more like a person to mentor than an assistant."

I smiled shyly nodding.

"Even though you are one with way too many scandals around which disturbed the peace of my department from time to time..." he raised and eyebrow and I pressed my lips. "Anyway," he leaned forward in his chair, resting his arms on the table. "You were the one to start with the band Smiles, and they seem to really like you working with them. You have a great history of working with a band and a very good creative side to marketing and organization and that is why I would like to assign you to be the Tour manager of the Smiles. Duties consist of, as I am sure you know already, confirming reservations, shows, dealing with the PR team and promoters, managing tour finances... Since the band is just starting I think it is the best way to start your manager career; what you came here for the first place," he smiled.

I was speechless.

This was my dream. Managing the band. Tour manager is, just like Larry said, something to start with. It would be perfect. My job, my duties, my skills.

"How does it sound? You seem very taken aback," he stated as he was waiting for my reaction.

"I... This is amazing I just... It's so... unexpected," I tried to find the words.