A night apart

Hey there ^^

This chapter is a mess, I know!

I have so many ideas in my head what built up during my week away and it is hard to start unfolding them. Also I am jet-legged and all over the place but I wanted to upload something. I don't know if it was worth it, but let me know and also sorry for the lack of happenings in here, I make it up to you in the next chapters once I get back to my routine.

Thanks <3

"When does this party of yours end today?" asked Jared as he sat onto the couch while I put my clothes into a bag from his suitcase.

"It doesn't really have an end set," I shrugged. "Let's say I can leave around seven earliest.

"That's great. I will be home around eight, you can just chill here until then," he smiled pulling his legs up onto the couch opening his laptop.

"I... don't know, I was thinking I would sleep at home today."

"Why?" he frowned looking up uncertain.

"Well... I was thinking to wake up tomorrow early and do some laundry and some cleaning as Lynn arrives around noon," I explained.

"Your cousin? You never told she is coming."

"Yeah, I... I was so in vacation mood; I really wasn't even thinking about it," I answered pushing the last of my clothes into my bag.

"She can stay here," Jared offered, and I looked to him with a frown.

"Why would she?"

"I mean... you both can stay here. This way you don't have to clean your apartment and she probably would be happier to have her own room while here," he smiled proudly that he got it all figured out.

"Why? Do you think she won't like my place?"

"I didn't say that, it's just... she would have to sleep in the living room... here she could have her own bed and you can have my bed... and me," he smiled taking my hand to pull me closer.

"She visited me before and slept in worse places. I like my place and I am sure she will too," I stated firm. "Anyway... we are like best friends. We just gonna do girly stuffs and talk girly things... stroll around the city. I really don't want to bother you with these..." I stated holding his hand.

"You wouldn't bother! Not at all. Some days I won't even be home," he answered quickly as he stood up to face me. "Stay here," he asked quietly caressing my hair behind my shoulder.

"Thank you, Jared but I think we are going to be fine at my place. I am sure she will like it there and being here just... it would be weird. I don't wanna make her feel uncomfortable. It's supposed to be a girls' week," I explained gently, giving him a smile.

He did not return the smile just looked away lowering his shoulders.

"Jared, we of course are going to come visit and... why you want us here so much?"

"How long she is going to be around?" he asked tensed.

"Until the fifth of January..."

"Yeah... I will leave on the second... All I wanted was to spend my last days here with you before I am off for at least two months," he stated letting my hands go as he threw himself back onto the couch.

I looked down at him sadly.

"I know, baby, but Lynn bought the tickets so long time ago and..."

"Yeah yeah, you go have fun. See you maybe at the New Year's party. Or if you wanna spend that too with your bestie then maybe next spring," he waved as he grabbed up his laptop and walked towards his office.