Comfort pt. 2

Hey there, reader ^^

It is a bit longer chapter than usual, but I didn't want to make a part 3, so grab some tea, or put some music on and dive in!

Sending love to all of you!💝

It was past two o'clock in the night already.

Avery was sound asleep for the past six hours while I couldn't even get my eyes stay shut for more than a few seconds.

After moving into the bigger, brighter private room, she had a little something to eat before falling asleep thanks to all the meds.

She had to sleep on her back today what I knew she doesn't usually like but pulling my bed close to hers, laying my arm across her body, caressing her side tenderly, I made sure she doesn't roll over in her sleep.

Other than going for some water, answering couple of e-mails and stretching from time to time, I stayed right beside her, watching over her, remembering what she said. How she asked me to stay here with her, how she reminded me that she gave up everything for me.

And I know she did.

Oh, I remember so well when I woke up from my surgery more than two years ago; she was the first person I saw. She was supposed to be on her way to London to start her new job... She got the news of me being in the hospital and she turned right back. She took care of me and when I offered her to stay as my assistant she did so. She did and never left, although she was already half way out the door once.

I wonder that day... if I wouldn't have gotten into the hospital, would we have ever seen each other ever again? If everything what happened was for a reason? Now I would like to think that yes, it was. My accident made her stay and now I have someone I love so much who loves me back. Who cares about me and I care just as much about her.

In the past years, even though I felt lonely most of the times when I had nothing to do... which led me to always keep myself occupied, I never thought there would be any woman I would interrupt my work for, that I would just... like to do nothing with and still feel fulfilled. That there would be any woman I would love so much to do things for that I would have never done before. That I would care deeply for. Who I would look at and say yes, I would do anything for you.

Avery was like this towards me. She sacrificed everything for me, she cared for me, she listened to me, she went out of her way for me, but I thought it is only her personality. And while some might be her personality traits, most of it was because of her feelings towards me. And now... I am doing the same for her.

I would do anything for her; it's like an instinct.

An instinct that I slowly had to get used to. Had to accept that I might have to put my work on hold for her and that is okay. Just like years ago I had to accept that I can't hide everything from her. That I can't be THE star in front of her.

Slowly my walls crumbled down and I didn't even put up a fight. It felt so good letting her in.

She especially deserves it since she is and has always been putting me first.

Even now she might have asked once if I can come but she never asked again. She wouldn't. But I knew I had to be here.

And when I saw her... how she hugged me tight, how she let out her tears, I knew I made the right decision.

She was always so alone in this country and I know she is strong, but I also knew she finally is opening up to me, she is letting to be comforted, she is showing her utterly vulnerable side to me which I have never seen before. Finally the walls around her are cracking as well.