My way or the high way

Oi hey there, reader! ^^

I am back and it is good to be back! Thank you for all the interactive readers for their comments, they even give me some ideas for the next parts! <3

This is again an "in between" part but, please bare with me, I had to cut it here, otherwise it would be way to long! 
Otherwise I am planning on some great parts in the very near future which I am excited about as I don't want the story to get monotone or boring.

So enjoy and see you in two days with a new part! ^^

The next morning, I got off the bus in Santa Monica.

Well, more like fell out of it.

I was trying to comb my hair out then pulled my navy-blue pencil skirt down while getting my balance back in the high heels which I am still getting used to.

I was forcefully tucking my light blouse into the waist of my skirt, while hurrying towards my workplace when my phone rang.

"Of course," I muttered under my breath as I yanked my bag to my chest digging after my phone.

I was already 10 minutes late from our 9 o'clock meeting with the band we started to do the PR to, and I could swear it was my boss calling.

After Jared left yesterday, my mind was racing for hours; unable to sleep I was laying in bed eyes wide open, googling all the women he was associated with.

It is not like I didn't remember all of them; oh, I did... but seemed like my brain was thinking I needed something to lower my self-esteem and question what the hell does Jared want with me.

I always cared for him and I knew he trust me with anything.

Our relationship was something unique and not only work-related, for sure, but I was more than frightened that this little heated game we play will ruin everything we had before.

By four in the morning came I had a plan.

I wanted him.

He was the man I never thought I could have but for some reason I got a chance to show I can get someone like him and if that means I have to step up my game, I will.

Especially that now he plans to go somewhere "kind of" public with me, I have to prove I belong.

I did already have him, in a way. I knew him, I lived with him, but now the pressure is real to reach the standard he looks for and to be the woman he wants, otherwise I am not even going to fade out but most probably it will destroy our unique connection as well. 

It is a thin ice we are walking on, and I feel like I am the one who would crash if the this won't work out. 

I managed to sleep a couple hours, then waking up at 7 I planted myself into the bathroom.

I plucked my eyebrows, I shaved even my arms and on top of that I have started to use my CC cream again to hide my freckles on my face, neck and arms which are seen in the clothes, as well as the comfy outfit I brought what he asked for.

It took an hour of work, but it made me look different. Different, I mean as a normal person. Seemingly smooth skin, bright make up, not so much skin hiding. I even blow-dried my hair to look perfect, falling onto my shoulders.

When I finally found my phone I saw Olivia's name on the screen and I frowned picking it up.