The Event pt. 1

"Baby... hey, flower..." I heard a soft whisper from far away. "Avery?" hearing my name brought me to consciousness and I moaned sleepy as I hugged the blanket more onto me even hugging it to my body as I was laying on my side. "Such a sleepyhead I got here..." Jared's minty breath caressed my face as I felt the mattress move, the warmth of his body hovering just an inch above me.

I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes as I felt like I could just fall back asleep any second, so I tucked my chin more to my chest, pulling my legs up, settling for an extended morning.

"What's the time?" I muttered with closed eyes.

"It's almost twelve," I heard his answer and I groaned. "It's okay; I loved the thought of you finally sleeping in, but I called Victor to glam us up for the gallery opening. He will be here in an hour."

By this I opened my eyes as sleepiness left me in a matter of seconds.

"Oh, shit..." I mumbled.

Jared laughed as he pressed a kiss on my temple.

"Take your time."

The rest of the afternoon after we made up, was about watching a movie then later ordered in a bottle of wine and some food before heading to bed. Turned out Jared had this new style of not having alcohol while filming so I basically finished the bottle by myself during giggles about hilarious stories of our years together.

As suggested, yesterday we did visit the wellness part of the hotel where we were swimming a lot, got massages and went for a couple of sauna turns in peace and calmness as there were no one else throughout the whole time. This relaxing day totally exhausted me so as for the rest of it we were just hanging around, video calling Constance, catching up with Shannon and we did surprise call Lynn too. When Olivia, appearing out of nowhere, reminded Jared that he has an online meeting scheduled for the afternoon, I took the chance to stroll around the area in hopes of finding a decent dress for the event on the next day.

Once in bed, I passed out and I swear today I woke up in the same position as I fell asleep.

Although we barely left each other's arms with Jared, the last two nights he didn't start or indicated to wanting to start any sexual activities, which was only surprising when it comes to Jared and two nights of calmness in a row. It's not like I don't enjoy intimacy even on a daily, but I am just so used to not being the one to start. I couldn't help but think that it had to do something with my outburst about his past behavior and me questioning him about his sex life, because of which I still felt guilty as hell, let alone immature.

After taking a quick shower I was sitting on the couch nervously, sipping on the instant coffee Jared made from the supplies in the suite; it wasn't the best, but he made it so eagerly.

It wasn't just about being at the opening. I went to most of these events with Jared. It was about now taking a piece of HIS limelight what kept me on the edge.

"You're not thinking of backing out, are you?" Jared's suspicious voice literally made me jerk from my thoughts, my coffee almost spilled.

"N... no," I muttered taking another sip, lowering my eyes.

"Good. I ordered up some food couple hours ago, it is still in the dining room if you wanna grab some," he offered.

"Okay... I... should have something, yeah... less of a chance that I will pass out," I smiled nervously.

"You'll be fine. It's nothing fancy," he shouted back from the bedroom.

I gluped, thinking about the dress I stupidly bought for almost two hundred pounds.