Comfort pt. 1

I know it is a long and emotional chapter, but bare with me! The next one is a special continuation from Jared's POV. =)

I know every country is now in the same boat but in different state and I'm wishing you all the best wherever you are! <3

Walking up to the reception of the Hospital a week after my doctor's appointment, I grabbed onto my stuffed bag on my shoulder nervously.

I double checked if I have everything with me, like a thousand times on the way here; ID, passport, social security number, resident permit, toothbrush, toothpaste, pajamas...

I have never had a surgery before so I just packed stuffs I saw they needed in the movies.

I also notified my boss about the surgery which he was not happy about. He didn't seem concerned, neither like someone who cared. The more days I have spent at work, the more I was thinking of leaving.

Lily tried to call me twice last week and also messaged me on facebook but I didn't call her back. I was anxious, I was in pain and I was emotionally drained. I couldn't care less about anyone.

The only person whose calls I answered to were Jared's. Not even my Mom nor Lynn could make me talk to them.

Following Jared's social media made me miss him every single day, but I never admitted how long I cried after him every single time we would disconnect the call. Even just him not saying "I love you", or just saying a few words in hurry, made me feel anxious.

"Hi, there! How can I help you?" The woman behind the desk looked up to me with a smile.

"My name's Avery Forbs, I have a surgery scheduled for today... With Doctor Nelson... He said it is on the fifth floor...?" I cleared my throat as I pulled the bag more onto my shoulder.

After a minute of looking through the monitor, the woman nodded.

"Yes, Avery Elizabeth Forbs. Perfect... Please fill out these forms; you can take a seat right over there and then just take the elevator to the fifth floor to room 5002," she explained, handling me two papers.

"Thank you," I forced a smile as I took the papers and a pen from the table.

Sitting down, I took a deep breath, laying out the forms onto the coffee table, going through them.

I had to fill out every detail about my insurance and then a form about my surgery.

Handing back the papers she took a quick look, then nodding she pointed me towards the elevators.

Arriving to the fifth floor, I quickly located myself and turned right, walking through the long, grey corridor until a door with the number 5002 on it.

Knocking on it, I waited patiently, but after a long silence I sighed looking around, then just sat onto one of the three chairs, put out right in front of it.

After five minutes my legs became restless, my hands were shaking.

The corridor was empty and cold what just fed my nervousness, suddenly doubting myself if it was a good idea to tell Jared not to bother his Mom. I could have given anything to have anybody with me.

Biting my lips, I nervously picked the nails on my fingers, when a young woman arrived with the elevator, walking towards me.

"Miss Forbs?"

"Yes!" I stood up like lightning, my wallet fell out of my bag and I leaned down to catch it with shaking hands.

"I'm Ashley. I'm going to prepare you for the operation," she smiled sweetly, shaking my hand. "No need to worry," she said. "Is anyone here with you today?"