Flashback - You'll never know

Feeling his gentle breathing in my neck, his arms around my waist, I was stroking through his arm up and down lost in thoughts and just hugged him even stronger to myself, as I remembered the day, I choose him over everyone and everything. The evening I lost the last of my friends just to lose him too, the next morning; even though he was never even mine. Oh, he'll never know.

4 years and a couple months earlier

I sighed finally sitting onto my couch on a Saturday noon, legs up, wine in hand. 

Yes, it was noon, but I was crashed physically and mentally but already hyped for the evening when I will get the chance to finally see my favorite band of all time live for the first time, from the VIP row! And it was anyway a long and exhausting week.

On Monday I got out of bed as an assistant publicist of 30 seconds to Mars with nothing but two meetings in my calendar and the Backstreet Boys concert on Saturday. By the time Wednesday rolled around I was the official publicist of the band as David left for another job. On Thursday morning I was on a flight to New Orleans, to be there on Jared's on-set interview on Friday; where David was supposed to be, but he quit instead. Saturday morning, we flew back home together with Jared as he finished filming, thank God, because he got a terrible flu to deal with.

On that Saturday, I wanted nothing more but to have some drinks and have fun already, seeing my boys live and of course my friends in real life.

The timeless boy band had a reunion concert in Los Angeles and 3 months before that, for my Birthday, my friends from the LA Uni, Moira and Adam and my friend slash boyfriend, Sam, got all of us VIP tickets, plus they gifted me a Meet and Greet pass as well.

Sam and I got together just a bit before my birthday and him being so patient with me and my crazy work schedule, helped us evolve our relationship.

Although I haven't seen Moira and Adam in person since my birthday, and only could spend a couple of hours a week with Sam, we kept in touch, but their messages started to fade away, as well as Sam's got more and more desperate and I hoped the concert can reconnects us, and I can spend more time with them now that Jared and the band has couple of months off.

Walking to my fridge I quickly realized I have no food or whatsoever, so I had to do a quick grocery store run, which was a great way to kill some time and while in the store I wondered if Jared had anything at home at all, so I picked up some fresh fruits and some tea for him as well and figured I could just drop by on my way to the venue.

Done shopping I opened some ready meal to eat but a few bites in I realized I was way too excited to eat. I was ready to party.

At six in the afternoon I was standing in front of my mirror with a smile, trying to gather my thoughts on what I will say to the band when I finally meet them. I wore black jeans with a grey top and threw on a plaid shirt, leaving it unbuttoned ready to rock. I curled my hair into beach waves and put a red rose clip on one side to get it out of my face.

Sending a quick text to our group chat to let them know I will be there in an hour, just in time for the opening of the gates, I jumped into a cab and went to Jared's with the health pack.

After pushing the doorbell the second time I assumed Jared is not home, but since I didn't want to bring a bag of fruits to the concert, I dug out my spare keys what I got as now my office was in Jared's house temporary, and I opened the front doors, when I heard my phone beep.