Flashback - Backlash

Disclaimer (once again): Although this fan fiction is based on and includes real life elements, it is STILL fiction and I do not claim any to be true.

As asked, I wrote a Joker backlash chapter but it was harder than I thought and I think didn't turn out as good as it was in my head, but one chapter is not really enough for this and I rather focused on J and A's relationship than the whole Joker story but I hope it is still interesting enough to read this long *ss chapter xD

And now, thank you everyone for the support this year and see you soon in 2020 ^^

2 years and 9 months earlier

"So, I could tell you a little bit about our London base if you are interested before you head to an interview there," Landon offered; a young, very handsome manager, working in Universal Music LA.

I met him at the MTV music awards backstage and low-key hinted about my interest in the industry and a potential change of jobs to become a manager myself under a company as big as Universal Music.

He was kind enough to join me for coffee and tell me about their work ethics, and share little tips about concurring the interview I was hoping to get in the London branch.

My goal was to get a manager position before I turn thirty, which gave me a bit less than three years to get there. I did not mention my plans to Jared yet; he had a lot going on and I thought that I only tell him if I get the interview. He would still have time to find someone else then.

"Yes, please! I am eager to hear any details," I nodded typing key words and company mottoes into my phone.

Landon chuckled, then taking a sip of his coffee he leaned back.

"So... first and foremost, the know-how..."

I nodded typing away when a notification of an e-mail appearing on the top of my screen caught my attention.

-Leto's response to Hollywood Uncut's Joker backlash?-

I frowned, checking the date.

Suicide Squad was out for quite some time now to have enough people seen it and have comments, but with Jared working with Gucci that week and already filming a part in another movie in sync, whilst still getting unwanted attention from the media about his absence during most of the Suicide Squad promo shots, it was hard to keep up and respond to any of them.

But since Hollywood Uncut was the largest movie review site with the most hourly visits, I couldn't control my curiousness hoping for a better turn of events about Jared's reputation.

Although I was officially the band's publicist, I somehow ended up working for Jared as well, which took all my free time and sanity mostly, and that is one of the reasons I was considering to move on after six years of Mars. Lately it did feel like Mars. Lonely, empty and just work, work and work.

But at least after the Oscar's reunion with Jared I felt like my crush calmed down and I could be a functioning worker of his without any hot flashes when he would look at me. I didn't even know how could I develop a crush on him; he could be so self-centered and exceptionally annoying. My Mom was, right; I just needed some time away from all of him.

"If they ask anything about hobbies you go for it and show your most colorful side..." Landon continued as my attention turned to Hollywood Uncut's website.

What I found was... Let's just say, I expected to read some negative stuffs but this went over the meaning of bad; it was shocking, hateful and most of all, hurtful...