Stubborn mind, aching heart

Beacuse you know I can't leave you hanging ❤️
Happy Sunday!
Thank you for the votes ❤️

"What?" I asked stunned as Jared looked at me just as confused.

"I... I'd like you to move in with me. Here."

I gulped turning to look out of the window once again as he continued.

"Look, I know you probably didn't imagine the start of the summer like this but... the opportunity rose so quickly and I have been thinking to move for a while now..."

"What's wrong with the other house?" I snapped which made him even more confused.

"Well... just that, too many people know. Too many memories, I wanted to start fresh, with you. Besides, I grew out that one long time ago... and now I have time to relocate."

I sighed shaking my head.

"Jared, I don't have a job! I don't have a career, I don't have the kind of money to live here!" I cried out frustrated.

"What are you talking about?" he frowned. "I bought it, there's no rent, no..."

"But there's electricity, there's heating, there's water and I don't even want to know how much they all cost!"

"You don't have to care about that!" he stated frustrated. "I bought the house, I'll handle that; it is not a problem for me, gosh, why all of a sudden money is a problem for you?!

"Because I don't have it!" I shouted back, snapping my head towards him. "Yes you can buy a mansion, you can pay all the bills, you can have all the cars, but that's not moving in together! That's moving into YOUR house! Together means sharing and I can't fucking share the cost of this house! I'm an unemployed refugee!" My lips trembled as I turned back away. "I don't want to be dependent on you! I don't want to be the trophy girlfriend, I don't want to just... BE!"

Long silence followed and I turned back to look at Jared who was looking at me desperately.

"Av... please I never meant to... make you feel like this. I just... I love you, I wanna be with you. I have been with you for years and have been long enough without you in the last months to know that I want you by my side all day everyday. And I don't care if you can't share now. Hell, you can buy the groceries and cook... I thought of having a maid but if that makes you feel better you can clean! But you don't have to!"

"Jared..." I sighed, but he interrupted.

"I'm sorry I'm not your normal gal, but you chose to be with me. I'm not going to apologize for the money I make or for the life I can give you. If you don't want to move in together then forget it!" he stated hurt as he walked out the door, his footsteps echoing in the huge space.

I looked after him totally understanding his point of view, but that didn't mean I felt any better about this situation.

"Jared!" I called out for him when I stepped out of the room, walking towards the stairs.

"Come back down! Let's leave!" he shouted back.

I sighed hurrying down the stairs catching up to him at the end, on the ground floor.

"Jay... I..."

"Don't. I know, we should have talked about this... I should have asked you first. I'm sorry I'm gonna spend the first weeks moving, I... in my head it was supposed to be our little project but..." he opened the door to the parking lot, not looking at me. "Go ahead I... I have to use the bathroom."

He hurried away and I looked after him sadly, walking outside.

Standing there I looked up to the building torn.