talk!showtime

Let's unfold the truth about Valery, shall we?
One lady connection solved. Hundred more to go :D

Also, I am trying to jump a bit more in the story and not write down every minute, because then it gets long and the story line stays in this slow pace. I hope it's still good, it's something I am still working on.

Thank you <3

Sitting in the huge car I was next to Jared while Shannon and Lynn sat in the row in front of us talking away, watching some videos on Shannon's phone.

After a silent couple minutes, I took Jared's hand what has been resting on his thigh, entwining our fingers.

I knew I shouldn't make a scene.

I knew I shouldn't cry, and I felt like I shouldn't even bring up me seeing him with Valery, but it was so hard to hold my feelings back.

"You okay? Nervous?" he asked and all I could do was to shrug, keeping my eyes on our hands.

"Avery," his gentle voice called again as his other hand took my chin to lift my head up and I slowly looked back into his curious eyes.

He furrowed his eyebrows before speaking on a quiet voice.

"You're not nervous. You're sad," he stated, and I swallowed, pressing my lips as I felt his thumb caressing my chin then leaving my face, he rested his hand on top of mine which was now squeezing his other hand. "Tell me," he asked and even if I tried to look away, he tilted his head; his intense glare following mine.

I just bit the inside of my cheek, turning to rest my chin on his shoulder, my lips close to his ear as I whispered.

"I knew you were with Valery yesterday."

He flinched, holding my hand stronger, trying to look down to me, but as I didn't move my chin from his shoulder, it was quite difficult.

"Av, please stop following that stupid gossip site and subscribe to something more intelligent," he sighed. "You don't have paparazzi up in your ass but how would you feel if I would freak out about every guy you talk with?" he didn't sound angry and was talking more matter-of factly.

I could have talked back.

I could have told I don't keep contact with people I slept with. I wouldn't meet up with ex-lovers who I don't have business with, but I was scared to argue, and honestly, I didn't want to make him angry.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, then taking a deep breath I turned my head to rest my cheek on his shoulder, looking in front of me.

"Don't. Don't be sorry, Av; I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I know you don't like to see me involved with my exes. I wouldn't like to see you either. I don't even want to be involved with them. That's why I didn't invite them to my party. I want to be free from them. Free from the past me organizing things just to call girls to kill some time with. But there are some cases where I don't have a choice, like Valery or... Lily in a way," he sighed. "And I'll tell you all about it, I promise, but not now, okay?" he asked.

I nodded uncertain and little scared of the things he will share with me, but more than relieved to hear this.

I felt him moving; pulling away from me what made me raise my head and look up to him.

He turned towards me with his upper body and caressed a lock of stray hair behind my ear.

"And what I don't want is you seeing some dumb picture online make you easily overwrite all those things said between us; the things I told you. Because they mean more than me having lunch with someone, and they mean more to me than to just go against those words," he said, his eyes looking into mine deeply, honesty coming through.