Flashback - Scattered memories

Welcome here,

I hope this chapter is not so confusing as it is written from Jared's POV from all over the story, but if you remember the chapters it will be just fine.

Referred chapters: Summer Special, Her favorite song, One day

7 months ago...

Beep, beep, beep.

"Shu-t up..." I muttered as the sharp sound felt like thousand needles in my ear.

Beep, beep, beep.

Growling, I pulled the pillow over my head.

Beep, beep, beep.

"Fuck off," the sound of my voice came out raspy and dry as I reached out my arm trying to snooze my phone, but it just kept going off.

Struggling to locate the snooze button I grabbed the device up and threw it across the room.

A last shattering sound was heard and then finally everything went silent, just as my mind...

"Jared, I can't fucking believe!"

I moaned as I woke up to a door being shut, someone calling my name and a sudden bright light blinding me even through my eyelids.

"Av, just a few minutes..." I mumbled, turning to my other side.

"There is no Avery, man! And you got your few THIRTY PLUS minutes as we are officially late from the morning radio show!" focusing in, I heard Shannon's angry voice. "Dude it is going live in twenty minutes; we are supposed to be on the road now, what the actual fuck?"

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, trying to open them, but the bright light of outside literally hurt as I felt my eyes so dry.

"Shan... Shan, give me a minute and I'll be out there..." I whined, still trying to rub life into my eyes. "I must have... accidentally turned my alarm off..." I cleared my throat as I brushed the hair out of my face looking at the nightstand but my phone was gone.

Frowning, I turned around to look by the side of the bed, then under the pillow totally confused.

"This does not look like an accident to me," Shannon growled picking up something from the floor by the door but before I could ask, he threw it at me; it hit my torso hard and I kept in a whine a I rubbed my chest with a pout looking at my phone in my lap with cracked screen.

"Oh, shit..." I mumbled, checking the damage.

"Get the fuck out of bed and let's go! Time to grow up and get responsible," Shannon stated before he left the room, leaving the door open.

I sighed, running my finger through the crack what crossed my screen.

This was the first week of our European tour and I was struggling. And Shannon was furious. I don't blame him, I was a wreck. I did not realize how much I was depending on Avery until now. I mean, I knew she did a lot for me, but I always assumed, yeah that is what assistants are for! Make your life easier. But somehow she didn't only make my life easier, but created a life for me. She got the ingredients, she chopped them together, she put it into the oven and she only called me when it was freshly done. And now I was struggling to remember how cooking things up work.

"Wake-y wake-y!" The gentle voice filled my room as I heard the door close shut.

"Too soon," I mumbled, hugging my pillow around.

"I know, but I rather wake you up ten minutes before you should be waking up, so you get your "just a minute,""Avery answered, as she pulled the curtains slightly apart letting some light in. "I'll be out here, today you have the Chanel show, so better get excited, you are going to meet Karl Lagerfeld."