The Event pt. 2

Hey there!

Hope you have a great week so far! Happy Wednesday and enjoy this part!

Please vote if you liked it. 

Also if catching any grammar mistakes I am so sorry I was in a hurry to finish this part and too tired to proofread it, or even find the mistakes :D

The entrance was a small reception with a desk and some hangers for jackets to put on. Couple of couches, and right now a big poster of Rachel's exhibition and flyers nicely stacked onto a side table.

"Do you know anyone who will be around?" I asked, checking a flyer which had all the information about the gallery opening and prices of the pieces. "Is there going to be only mingling or are there some programs to attend?"

When Jared didn't answer I looked up at him as he stopped a couple steps away, looking at me with a dreamy look on his face, slightly parted lips.

"Jared?" I asked uncertain putting the flyer back.

"Huh?" he asked blinking as he walked closer.

"You... listening to me?" I asked with a frown.

"Oh, I do," he stated caressing through my back, his gaze following his hand. "Maybe... not to your words, but definitely listening to you," he looked into my eyes with a sweet smile and I shook my head with a blush.

At least my low-key plan was working; throwing on something I would never wear keeps his attention on me and hopefully will be harder for anyone to distract him... or for that matter, for Rachel, with whom I do not know exactly what kind of relationship he has now; all I know is that he once was attracted to her enough to sleep with her.

After giving his name to find on the guest list, we were welcomed into a spacious exhibition room lit up brightly above the pictures on the walls, while there were only few ceiling lamps what gave dim light to the center of the room.

There were also walls put up into two rows in the middle of the room with couple of the photos and the name of the exhibition was handwritten onto it above them with graffiti: Europe: a love story pt.1

"Welcome. Champagne?" a girl stepped to us with a tray of drinks, dressed in a modest, closed neck black dress.

"Oh, how kind, thank you," I smiled taking one eagerly, happy that I am able to gather some liquid encouragement.

"No alcohol for me," Jared raised his hand.

"The lighter colored ones are non-alcoholic and we also have orange juice on another tray around," she looked around to look for the other server and when locating her she waved her to us.

"Orange juice sounds good," Jared smiled and when the other girl, in an identical black dress, stepped to us he took one from her tray then nodding as a thank you he walked away, pulling me with as we were still holding hands.

I took a long sip from my drink, peeking around as I did, when my eyes met Jared's disapproving ones.

"Av, I hope you're not planning to ease up by getting drunk," he stated as I pulled the glass away from my lips, swallowing the bubbly drink quickly, which led me to tear up.

"I'm... no, of course not, I'm sorry... just..." I muttered with lowered eyes but before I could come up with some response, thankfully a familiar face came to rescue.

"Jared!" Terry Richardson, Jared's photographer friend showed up from just behind one of the makeshift walls.

"Terry, what the hell? I didn't know you'll be here! In London," Jared grinned, surprise on his face.

"Yeah, I mean gotta support a fellow photographer. I helped with post-production, so here we are. Also, having a great excuse to have a quick vacation away from the kiddos," he explained happily.

Drowning his drink, Terry peeked at me then to our hands, motioning towards it with his empty glass. 

"But you man, really got dependent on this assistant of yours; poor thing also has to hold your hand now?" he laughed surprised.

I smiled at him then looked to Jared for his response.

Terry was the typical "ignore the employees" friend of Jared. 

I was wondering if he even knows my name, although sometimes we would spend days together, while he was photographing Jared, assuming that I am his assistant too, therefore obligated to bring him all things he burped out to me.

"Yeah..." smiled Jared, "Had to raise her salary generously," he laughed along with the photographer.

"Jay," I nudged him with a smile.

"Anyway..." Jared smiled squeezing my hand. "Avery is not my assistant anymore. She is much more," smiling at me, I smiled back at him.

"You're... joking; you actually have a girlfriend? Like... officially out in public?" Terry asked amused as he was looking up and down me, eyeing every part of my body, which was rather uncomfortable, so I decided to keep my eyes on Jared.

"It is what it is. We just... turned hundred-eighty and we'll never look back," he stated.Catching his glance again I nodded peeking at Terry.

"Well... I have to say I am impressed!" he stated adjusting his glasses on his nose. "Growing up, you baby," he patted his back then smiled at me.

"Eventually have to," he chuckled, sipping from his orange juice.

"You know, to be honest, I have seen her around a lot but never caught a glimpse of her unique, delicate features," peering at me, I saw his eyes examining my neck, shoulders, chest and down my arms.

I shifted uncomfortable from one foot to another while pulled my hand away from Jared's to try and drag my throw-on back onto my shoulders, which fell to my elbow creases at some point. Him talking about me like I am not there, was sending me weird vibes.