A year wiser

Thank you for all the lovely and encouraging comments of the last chapter!
Please feel free to write me in private about anything, also if you would like to read about something in the story <3

I know it is a bit longer part, but again, I couldn't leave any parts out, I already jumped a lot more than I used to between "scenes" but also didn't want to make this into two parts; hope you don't mind.

Thank you, enjoy!

On the twenty sixth of December I woke up to the sound of heavy rain hitting the windowpane and I moaned, pulling the soft blanket more up on my body, instantly getting a cozy feeling.

The sound of rain was so calming and cozy I smiled lightly as I breathed deep, slowly opening my eyes.

I was facing Jared's side, so this time I could realize in an instant that this morning, again he is not around, and dull sadness took over me for a moment.

I turned to my back rubbing my eyes then checking the time, I saw it was only eight in the morning.

I closed back my eyes resting a bit more a bit disappointed that I couldn't execute my plans of waking up my love in that special way I planned out last night.

I slowly got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to change into some comfy clothes, put my hair in a ponytail as I combed the long locks through.

I suddenly got this idea of cutting it. It started getting out of control and in a month or two I won't even be able to sit without it bothering me. To be honest it looked kind of plain and boring. Now that Jared and I are together maybe I should step up my game when it comes to looks and fashion, so I won't look that dull next to someone like him.

Sighing I walked downstairs.

It was still dark and foggy outside and reaching the bottom of the stairs I didn't see any light on either in the living room or kitchen area, but I heard a sound from the kitchen, so I turned and walked to the doorway.

Jared was sitting by the table, looking out of the window into the gray, rainy weather, sipping coffee.

He only had sweatpants and a robe on, his hair a mess around his face.

I felt like just going there, whining why he left me again, but I also didn't want to look like a desperate baby, so I just spoke up gently.

"You're up so early," I said still standing in the doorway as he jumped in surprise, turning his head towards me and smile appeared on his face.

"You too," he said, turning more on the chair motioning me to him.

"I woke up to the rain, I guess," I shrugged walking closer.

"Yeah and I'm just over rested; I'm not used to sleeping this much," he smiled, reaching for my hand and as I took it, he pulled me into his lap, looking up to me.

"Happy Birthday," I smiled caressing his growing beard in place with my palms and he just rolled his eyes.

"Happy for whom? I'm only getting older from now on," he stated, and I chuckled, as I kept caressing his hairy cheeks.

"Only wiser," I whispered playfully, and he snorted.

"Yeah... well about that... at least I'm a bit less pathetic, because I have you," he smiled hugging my waist around, pecking my smiley lips.

"This could be one of the reasons, yes," I grinned sweetly, and he just smiled up to me then lowered his head to rest it against my chest, hugging me tighter.