Flashback - Lily

Hei there, reader ^^

!! Now I really need your honest opinion. This is kind of an experiment chapter of how a flash back part would look like. It would be every other week or so, coming from an action what would trigger a ride down memory lane. It would be centered around the main action or person who brought up the memory, but also would show the evolution of Avery and Jared's relationship.

I know this one is quite long, I could make it shorter definitely. Please vote if you would like to read more like this, or you would just rather go on with the story line. ^^ If there isn't going to be a strong yes as to continue than I won't bother coming up past stories. !!

btw, disclaimer: the story and especially the memories are not in sync with Jared's real life timeline so please don't pick on that! x'D

Thanks, enjoy! <3

Lily was my first friend in the States; the friend who helped me get out of my shell. The person who showed me how to stand my ground in a city like Los Angeles.

She was also the last love of Jared; the love of his life who broke his heart and walked across the pieces. The woman who got him loose faith in love.

When I first met Lily, I was spending my last semester of my college years as an exchange student in Los Angeles. I just got an actual job at the PR company where I was an intern before. I was put under the wings of one of their agents, David.

I was very young.

It was those years when my hair was dyed black and straightened to death. My foundation was full coverage, my lashes were fake, and my lips were red...

I seriously have no idea how I made it into a PR company with a look like that in downtown LA.

7 years earlier

Walking through the driveway of that Beverly Hills home already made me feel anxious.

The amounts of luxurious cars around... I swear I haven't seen that many in my whole life, as many there were parking then, in that chilly, early evening when I arrived with David.

My boss was walking confidently to the main door, while I was literally jogging after him in my black sandals, long black dress and a blazer.

I was exhausted from arriving back from my Christmas holiday just a couple hours ago and he called me up last minute to join him to some party, so I can meet some big names. But why it had to be on a birthday party?

In Scotland, you don't just crash someone's birthday party to benefit from their friendships...

Big cities are strange in general, but Los Angeles... man...

"I still have no idea why I had to be your plus one, David," I asked uncertainly, still trying to get out of this party. "It's a fortieth birthday; it must be meaningful and..." I pulled a face.

"Avery, love," he turned back to me and grabbed a firm hold on my hand. – duh, these Americans are so invading my personal space, let alone, they use the word, love in very strange situations. –

"How old are you? Twenty-three, right?" when I nodded, he smiled. "You are so young and out of nowhere you came all the way to Los Angeles, the city of Angels AND the very important people of the business you want to have a career in," he explained seriously. "This here, this house... is full of influential people in the music and marketing business. Okay, it is covered as Jared Leto's fortieth birthday party, but that is for friends. But for us, for you, it is a party of opportunities," he smiled patting my back and I just wrinkled my nose.