Little truths

Hey there, reader ^^

So, to be honest, I have wanted a couple chapters of just sweet nothing, but it is harder than I thought it would be to fill out a chapter with nothing but still something interesting to read (if it makes sense.) 

I still wanna write one or two holiday fluff before we get back to LA craziness, and I have a cool idea for the next chapter what potentially could be a good lead up back to the story line so stay tuned, hope you guys gonna like it <3 

"Hey kids, stop fooling around, food's ready!" Shannon's voice was heard as he knocked on the door.

"Uhm..." moaned Jared as he took a last deep breath before he lifted his head. "How is it so easy to fall into zen mood that fast in your arms," he smiled as he turned to his back to stretch his arms.

I just smiled lightly looking up to the ceiling, trying to get back from my thoughts, which I managed pretty quickly as Jared leaned above me caressing my belly.

"Please tell me you are not in pain anymore," he said, and I just had to chuckle.

"No, I'm not, please stop with the worry," I said caressing his hair back.

"Okay, okay; you are just so silent," he sighed, placing a kiss onto my forehead then stood up and grabbed my hands to pull me up too.

I didn't answer just smiled, looking at our hands then up to him as we stood so close to each other.

"You look like you are in another dimension," he frowned not really having it.

"Sorry..." I shook my head, "Was just pondering," I smiled.

"Pondering, huh?" he pushed the first word, almost like mocking my word choice.

He kept looking at me like he is trying to read my thoughts, then seemed like he finally let it go.

"Let's go, I'm starving," he said keeping one of my hands in his as we walked down the stairs.

"Just in time," Constance looked up from plating and an instant wide smile appeared on her face as she saw us walking into the kitchen hand in hand.

"Thanks to me," Shannon raised an eyebrow as he sat down to the square, wooden table.

The table was close to the window with the view to the cozy backyard.

Shannon and his mom sat next to each other while me and Jared sat down on the opposite side as motioned and I looked at all the food on the table. There was meet, fish, pasta, soy dishes.

"Wow... this looks... amazing," I smiled, trying to figure out what is what.

"Yeah, I can't really keep up with what the boys are eating or not eating at the moment, so I just make all their old and new favorite dishes when they come," Constance smiled as Shannon already started to grab some onto his plate.

"And we love it this way," he grinned. "Home made food at its best."

"Yeah, Mom; but by the way I am vegan for years now," stated Jared.

"Yes, about that... last time you ate my egg-rolls like there is no tomorrow," she smiled then before Jared could come up with an excuse, she looked at me interested. "So, Avery, do you cook?"

I was just taking a sip from my water then licked my lips as I slowly placed the glass onto the table.

Why would she ask this now? Until now every time we met, we would talk about our favorite places to eat-out or favorite movies, hairstyles. Now all of a sudden, she wants to know if I can cook?