Taking control

"Mom, are you ready soon?" I asked as I was just finishing up my make-up in the living room, the little amount of products I had were scattered all over my coffee table.

My mother did agree to go to the concert as I reassured her that we would get our own box looking down to the stage; no screaming people, no sweaty armpits and no pushing around included.

I knew she liked couple of their songs and I wouldn't have encouraged her to come if I would think that it would be too much for her, but I knew she enjoys a great party here and there and this is definitely one to experience. Especially when the star of the night is my boyfriend.

I haven't been to a full concert since we got together and was excited how it would make me feel when it all sinks in. 

"What do you think?" she asked walking towards me.

Looking up I smiled wide.

She wore pink pants with yellow loose shirt with pink flowers on it. She was always the fan of colors but usually she wore something white or black with a colorful item.

"Very colorful."

"Well, looking at Jared, I don't think I have to go out and buy some rock show outfit; these are going to have to do just fine."

"And they will," I laughed then quickly turned back to finish my make up.

"I'm ready as well," I stood up gathering my stuffs. "Sky sent a message that the car is going to be here in twenty minutes. It's going to take us straight to the backstage door so we can sneak up to the box from the back without being seen," I explained.

"Great! I don't want to end up in any magazines! God forbid!" She shook her head.

"You won't. We will be total incognito," I reassured.

"God, well, never thought I would live through something like this," my Mom smiled and excitement sparkled in her eyes.

"Believe me, me neither," I smiled as I gathered my phone, keys and wallet into my purse before my mother came to turn me towards her by my shoulders.

"You look so beautiful, honey. Confidence compliments your angelic face very well," she smiled, caressing my face with the back of her hand.

I just smiled taking a deep breath as I nodded.

It was still so weird to receive compliments.

"It's hard for me to say but seems like this pretty boy of yours really does something good because you are glowing."

I let out a little laugh as she continued.

"I didn't want to be so harsh about your relationship but from thousands of miles away it was scary to think that my little girl is being sucked into this utterly different world and knowing her she will just go after the others to prove herself. Hearing that you got involved with Jared was like a heart attack for me. All I knew is that this... man who is just a few years younger than me got you into his web for who knows what reasons. Since your dad passed I felt like I have to be not only your mother but your father too. I felt over protective and I felt helpless from overseas. I even thought that now you just looking for a father figure since you were so alone here... I wanted to come here and slap some sense into you, really," she explained.

I was listening attentively.

I never thought she had this many fears. I was just thinking it must be her trying to get me back home after I "partied out" myself in the big city.

"Mom..."

"But now... forget now for one second that I met with Jared. I saw mostly you this week and every time his name came up I saw you have a different light in your eyes. You look beautiful, confident and independent. And now I feel much more comfortable leaving you here, knowing now you can stand up for yourself. It's just the bonus that I met this lad who turns out... is very real and looks surprisingly handsome even in real life. He seems to be fond of you. And if..." she sighed, "this is the relationship what makes you this happy, let it be. I'm happy with my step grandchildren," she waved with a smile, "they are a handful."