'A man on fire'

Hey there reader ^^

Since I am working from home as well as from office, my schedule is crazy and probably that is why I never had a pattern to my uploads, but I decided since I am writing pretty frequently I will just continue but upload maybe twice a week so everyone can catch up as well :)

Also might try and stop writing so fast, because your comments give me ideas as well for the next chapters :D

Enjoy, 'til next Monday ^^

We didn't meet the next day.

On Thursday I decided to keep my word.

After work when I went to do my shopping, I did buy things for Jared as well.

I remembered exactly what he used to keep in his fridge, the detergent he likes the most, and all the little snacks he wants around when home.

After filling his fridge, doing his laundry and cleaning his house I looked around once more before I stepped out of the door.

It was already after ten in the evening; the neighborhood was dark and chilly.

I was walking down the stairs when I saw the headlights of Jared's car as he turned up to the driveway.

I stopped, watching him not even pulling into the garage, but stopping in front of the stairs and got out in hurry.

"Avery?" he looked a bit surprised but also a smile spread on his face as he waited for me to get down from the stairs to stop in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked looking at the house then back at me.

"I told you I was gonna come help you around the house. Your fridge is also full," I smiled lightly.

"But... I..." he sighed trying to gather his thoughts.

I really caught him off guard this time.

"It's alright, Jared. I told you, I would help; I know you'd appreciate it."

"Thank you, Av, but after what happened... look I am really now only focusing on..."

"Look, Jared," I said looking up to him with honest, "This week, this week of "getting to know me" or "let's see how it goes" was for you. I didn't need a week to know what I wanted from you. I didn't need a week to decide whether I want to start a relationship with you, and I certainly didn't need to wait to get used to us being together to be intimate. It was all for you. It was you who tried to drag it on, to figure out what you want, or if you are ready to have something more meaningful in your life. You were torn and I saw you tried, but... I don't think you really know what you want yet. And even if we make it through this week you are going to be gone and I have my job here. It's not the right time, clearly."

He just looked at me lost in thoughts.

He knew I was right. He couldn't say a word and that is how I knew I was right.

All the doubt was gone at that point as I walked a bit further but looked back at him gently.

"If you wanna talk, you can call."

He still couldn't react, just looked at me with his chest raising and falling heavily.

I lowered my eyes and turned to make my way out of his property once again.

I never believed I could get a man like Jared, let alone, Jared himself.

Maybe that was also a reason I really didn't get him.

2 months later