One in a million

Happy Monday y'all! ^^

Thank you for all your amazing comments and support. <3

Enjoy this long one :D

As soon as we were ready with the meeting, I packed up my notes and made my way to Larry's office to continue on with some marketing work when I heard my name.

"Avery!"

Stopping and turning around I saw Ray, the singer catching up to me.

"Don't wanna hold you up, but wanted to ask if you would like to join us tomorrow afternoon for some drinks with the band? We called James and Sandra as well..."

"Yeah, we'd like to go back to our favorite bar before we get too famous to do that," Oliver, the bassist caught up and squeezed Ray's shoulders then grinned at me.

They both were amazingly polite and friendly people. Just around my age or late twenties.

Ray was always dressed in smart casual outfits, black hair neatly combed to the side. His brown eyes sparkling. I always thought of him as a straight version of Adam Lambert with a guitar. His voice was incredible, but he was his own critic. A very rough one.

On the other hand, Oliver was a true rocker. His well styled, natural blond hair was reaching his shoulder blades, he had a wide smile on all the time, his green eyes having those smile-wrinkles what made them look always smiley. And the dimples. Those damn dimples appearing what could instantly bring me to smiles too. He always wore shirts what would let people see his toned, fully tattooed arms and wide shoulders.

I smiled at them surprised.

We don't usually talk outside the meetings and it was a nice gesture that they would invite some of us who work with them.

"It sounds really good; I will see if I can make it, alright?"

"Yeah, sure, would be great. Call one of us for details," smiled Ray with his hands in his pockets and Oliver stepped forward.

"You shouldn't miss. It's a celebration and you guys do so much for us," he smiled.

"I'm happy you think that way. I will call," I nodded, stepping a bit aback by their over excited personality.

I was still working on my professional attitude and self; I really was trying to keep my work away from my personal life. I had those two collapsed for way too long before.

The meeting got my mind off of Jared for that brief 2 hours but after that, everything I did on the computer got blurred by the thoughts and images of last night flashing in front of my eyes.

I still couldn't believe the path we took. I would have never imagined this in my wildest dreams.

I was above the clouds, although I really tried not to think too much of it. I know Jared way too well to fall head over heels right away. I have to keep my feelings contained and restrict myself from thinking too much ahead.

Just two months ago I was so sure that everything ended with Jared before it even could have started, and I had a hard time accepting that. I had my inner fights and nights full of tears. But I got up and gathered myself.

I was on a track in my life what I have been waiting for. And now out of the blue, for some reason Jared wants me again. And I wish I could feel happy about it. I really want to give us a chance, but I also don't know if I could go through with him deciding that he had enough of me.

A knock on the open door pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked up from behind the computer, resting my chin in my palm.