The gift

The long awaited birthday gift.
Enjoy!! ^^ <3

//p.s. ALWAYS use protection ladies!//

The flight back to Los Angeles was long and tiring.

Olivia managed to book us seats for the flight back, but we all had to separate, which wasn't that bad, as we attracted less attention. Meaning, I didn't attract any while Jared was forced to talk through the whole flight with an overexcited teen who was sitting next to him with her Mom.

Getting off the plane we all met up at the baggage claim and made our way outside one by one with some distance between us, where Olivia was waiting at the parking lot.

We quickly got in and first dropped Shannon off then as we started to drive away Olivia looked back at us from the rear-view mirror.

"So, what's the address, Avery?" she asked as she turned out to the highway, ready to type it into the navigator.

I was just about to answer, but Jared was quicker.

"She is coming to mine for now," when both me and Olivia looked at him, he continued. "I hoped you can help me unpack and wash some laundry," he grinned at me.

I smiled back at him with a nod.

"Sure,"

"As you wish..." muttered Olivia focusing back on the road when Jared's phone started to ring.

He looked at it and I saw a deep frown on his face as he accepted the call and slowly lifted to his ear, staying silent.

While the other end was talking he peered at me for a moment then looked out of the window as he answered.

"Yeah, thank you. It was great. Just spending it with family, my cousin came visit."

I grabbed up my phone as well to check my social media, but I was listening more to Jared's phone call.

"Uh, well, nothing much, I have some meetings before New Year's then off to work again.

After some more silence he laughed out loud ad I looked up to him curiously. He looked at me and suddenly his face was straight again clearing his throat as he picked on his nails.

"Look, I gotta go, I'm soon home."

"Thanks... um... yeah I am," he answered shortly. "I... don't really know, I am rather busy," he muttered running his hand through his hair then I peered to him as a light smile appeared on his face. "Exactly... yeah let's see... Sure... Bye..."

After lowering his phone, he sighed as he shoved it back into the pocket of his pant looking out of the window as I just kept starring at him, which he noticed as he turned back to me rolling his eyes.

"It was Lily, wishing me happy birthday," he stated in a bored tone and somehow, I knew he expects me to panic again.

I did have questions; I did have a feeling of anxiety building up in my chest, but I just nodded remembering how he said he loves me. How he held me close. I have to trust him, before he will have enough of my behavior.

"Lily?" Olivia asked in surprise, she must have known who she was. "Didn't know you keep contact.

"Just recently, it's nothing," said Jared uneasy.

"Talking about women, earlier in the morning some girl, Lora came to the office asking when you are getting back because she would like to talk to you. I have her number if you wanna reach her. She introduced herself as your ex?" she raised an eyebrow.