Housewarming

Happy Sunday ya'll.

Weird chapter ahead, I admit, I wasn't taking my sweet time with it but this part of the summer is very busy for me, forgive my sloppiness.

Once again, we are back on track with hitting the road towards the end of this story and I hope you all stay until the final. ^^

Stay safe, stay sane.

Moving is something I despised.

The feeling of excitement of starting a new life is totally overshadowed by the enormous amounts of stress of how to get things from A to B, how much one can spend on new furniture, how to find a furniture that fits perfectly into the new place. And then comes the physical pain of carrying your bed up the stairs, followed by your dresser, your mirror which hopefully won't shatter.

So experiencing the act of moving when one has money was something of a shock to me.

The moving company dealt with all the furniture to be taken to and put in place in the new house. We shopped most of the new furniture online and had them delivered right into their "forever place" in the house.

Five days and the air force building started to look like a home. At least some parts of it. We decided to recreate Jared's previous bedroom in the new house, we filled the built in shelves with our favorite books, put my only plant which I was so proud of keeping it alive by the window, where it was in my bedroom, as well as we put my armchair next to it, creating a small reading area, which we probably will never use. 

We also decided on focusing on decorating and furnishing the downstairs living area, dining room and kitchen in the first days to have a place to rest, which we didn't.

Finally excitement was all I felt while moving, while right after Jared finished the studio, he couldn't stop spending his free time there, playing around with the new equipment, creating bits and pieces of songs with playful narrations with Steve who helped him with the installations.

In the meanwhile, I got free access to his credit card to, as agreed, decorate the living room and buy kitchen stuffs. At first, I felt a block of buying anything too expensive but my love for decorating took the best of me and decided to give in, and do my best to impress Jared if he already is sponsoring. He only asked not to go too bohemian; he liked open spaces, simple decors, but he also knew our style are pretty much the same so there were no trust issues.

The sixth day was the very first day we were officially ready with the main areas and decided to spend our first night there. Until then everything was full of boxes and unfinished installments, that none of us felt like we want to stay in that mess.

Day six of moving was also the very first time I felt like I have arrived home, and not only to the place we are decorating. It was almost magical.

It was well past eleven in the evening when I got back from cleaning up my empty apartment and bringing the last of the things.

Stepping into the house, I happily placed my welcome home rug down by the door, completing the entrance way which was decorated with my old, golden framed oval mirror, a small dresser, a shoe rack the size of me for all our day-to-day used shoes and a small side table where I threw my keys down after locking the door.

Walking through the hallway, turning right, we still had an empty space to get through before entering the huge living area.

The wall sized windows which were looking to the backyard were decorated with beige colored curtains on the sides, while the windows looking to the pool, were having white blinders on, a small red carpet laid onto the steps, leading to the door to the poolside terrace.  A tv was standing on a white tv stand right in front of a marble coffee table and the huge l-shaped white couch, filling up most of the space. A dim yellow light of the standing lamp by the couch gave just enough light to get by.