Long distance

Happy mid-week for those to whom it still counts what day it is!

I usually write a chapter in two sittings; if I get the flow and the inspiration I don't stop until I write it all out, but since I am living with the family now, it was very hard to find quiet time to just write without being interrupted or having to do something else.

You might be able to feel it on this chapter as there were days I only could write like five sentences...

Anyway, quarantine and the lack of daily impulses do no good to inspire any new ideas, but I try my best to deliver.

This chapter definitely has a quarantine vibe already so sorry about that.😅

xoxo

When Jared left the evening after the surgery, all I felt was anger. I was angry at him, angry at the world, really. I was in pain, my emotions were all over the place; I was just on the low and selfishly all I wanted was for him to stay with me, even though I knew he cannot.

Hours later, I even refused to talk to him on the phone when he landed. I asked Constance to tell him I was sleeping, but he wanted to talk to me anyway so he asked her to wake me up and when I still wouldn't talk to him he got mad and haven't called the next day. Neither did I and Constance didn't bring it up; she only tried to make me feel more comfortable, but I acted like a spoiled teenager.

My possessive side came to shine when I checked my Instagram and I saw his story where he was having fun with the fans on stage, a story of him getting ready in the dressing room in all the glamorous clothes...

I hated Sky for being able to be with him, I hated the Echelon for getting all the attention from him. I hated all people around him who he made smile and laugh.

I hated him looking so happy, I hated him teasing the audience by removing his shirt... by giving his comforting hug to fans. I hated to share him.

Watching his Radio appearance online made me cry. He was supposed to talk about us; at least that's what he planned a week ago...even the host had the question ready, but when they tried to talk about his relationship he dodged it, like he always does with topics he doesn't want to talk about.

"Talking about free-time... Are there any updates on your relationship status? Because on Instagram the hint is definitely there," the host asked playfully.

I saw Jared nod, with a poker face.

"Yeah well, as always, I'm in a long distance relationship..."

"Okay..."he stated interested. "Can you tell me anything about that?"

"I've always been in a long distance relationship with the Echelon; our fans. They live all over the world and we usually get to see each other once, maybe twice a year, you know. And of course now we are organizing our yearly get-away, the Mars Island which takes place in Croatia."

Then he started to advertise Mars Island and taking the hint, the host went along with the topic.

The fourth day after his leaving was the first time we talked, until then he was calling his mother every day twice. When my teenage anger rush calmed, I asked Constance to give the phone to me when they were talking.

"Hello..." I asked defeated, fearing the worst that he will flip out, that he will shout or worst, he won't talk to me, but to my surprise he sounded happy to hear me.

"Hey, flower. Feeling better?" he asked.

"Yeah..." I sighed. "Today I finally washed my hair; I feel like a new person," I stated calmly.