Prologue

Sophie sighs slightly echoed in the empty tower. She gazed out from the top of the tower unto the city below her. Scenes easily replayed in her head whenever she thought back to the chaos of the Black Swan. How she felt they were her allies and would keep her up to date on anything and everything when, in reality, they were hiding a huge part Sophie's identity locked away in their ocean of secrets. She wanted someone to trust, and she had that with the Elves in the Elven cities, but they were getting hurt because of the rebel group Neverseen no matter what she did, so she ran away to join the Black Swan to with them. But the Black Swan couldn't protect them either. She sacrificed everything with her friends and family in the elven cities to join the Black Swan only to have it all gone to waste. And after learning about the secret the Black Swan was withholding from her she couldn't take it anymore. She was tired of always giving and barely getting anything back. But being back in this tower again where she truly belongs felt right to her, but she couldn't shake the feelings of guilt and loneliness. Even here, she had very few allies. Sophie knew in her heart that all she wanted was to hear Linh's laugh again, to see Keefe's smirk again, to watch Fitz's eyes sparkle, to giggle with Biana again. She wanted her family back. But they could never find her now. Maybe that was for the better.

Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~