Ch.7- The Disaster

Sophie and Fitz rushed over to a window looking over the ballroom. The ballroom was in total disarray. People were crouching and hiding behind tables, some were gunning it for the exits, and others were being held by dark cloaked figures.

"Bring me, Foster!" A voice called out. Sophie recognized that voice anywhere.

Fintan.

Sophie ran down the hallway with new found confidence. 

"I am going to try to get in contact with the Black Swan. Please don't get yourself killed." Fitz said, pulling out a pathfinder. With one last look, he disappeared into the light. Sophie opened the doors at the top of the staircase, staring down her foes.

"You are becoming typical Fintan. I try to act like a normal elf then you try to kill me ruining everything. Around and around we go. Will it ever stop?" Sophie asked, slowly going down the steps. She just needed to stall until the Black Swan shows up.

"I don't think it ever truly will until one side wins. And while you are here playing dress up, I believe we are doing a pretty good job at winning." Fintan joked, but only Fintan and his cronies laughed. Sophie bit back her grimace to keep her face as cold and even as stone.

"And what exactly is that goal. Because right now it seems that is just murder, holding hostages, experimenting on humans, and a bunch of other random shit you guys are doing. What is your true end goal?" Sophie asked. Fintan let out a cruel laugh. It was cold and piercing as it echoed through the silent halls. Sophie met eyes with a young Lith being cradled by a troll. They both had eyes of genuine terror, wondering if they will make it through to see another day.

"Don't worry. I'll get everyone out of here. But for now, I need you out of sight and behind cover. This might get ugly." Sophie transmitted to all the guests still in the ballroom.

"It is quite simple, Sophie. World execution." Fintan announced loudly. Sophie's calm and collected facade cracked a small amount as she slightly faltered backward.

"Terrifying, isn't it? We are the creatures that have noticed that this world is flawed. Way too deeply flawed to simply be fixed by a couple new laws and bodyguards. Everyone single being is too deep in their own selfishness and pride. No one takes a stand for anything anymore, and for those that do, they are wiped away and labeled as a freak with awful points of views on the world. The only way to fix this is too simply to get rid of the problem. How? Get rid of those who started the problem. First, we start with the humans, then the Lith, maybe the ogres if we have the time. But oh the elves will be our grand finale! And as we stand on the ashes of this bruised and broken world, we will start a new one with the Neverseen as law! We will execute order and promise, with every being acting perfect and in line! Free will is something that causes chaos and must be wiped away!" Fintan ranted. Even the fellow members faltered a bit when Fintan explained his plan, only to tighten their grips on their hostages.

"Free will can never be vanquished Fintan! No matter how hard you try, no matter how many people you slaughter! Having a thriving, successful race needs a balance of both free will and discipline and order. And thinking that this world is flawed is not wrong, but wiping everything out is not the way to do it, you moron!" Sophie snarled. Fintan pulled out a throwing knife from his belt.

"I have had enough of your mouth! Vespera says to wait to kill you, but I think that tongue had done enough talking for one lifetime. I think it is time it gets cut out!" Fintan screeched, throwing the knife at Sophie.