36~A Bloodthirsty Murderer~

Big boy emotional chapter today :) ALSO IMMA RANT. I PREORDERED LEGACY ALMOST A MONTH AGO AND THEY ARE DELIVERING IT ON THE 9TH. I PREORDERED IT TO ARRIVE ON THE 5TH! IM HELLA SALTY!

Okay, have fun reading!

Fitz POV

For a moment, Fitz couldn't breathe.

Sophie.

He mouthed her name as if everyone heard it; they turned their attention to where he was gawking. She was standing right there. In the dull light from upstairs illuminating her back, Sophie was standing on the staircase; her hand clenched tight on the handrail. She was wearing the same black armor and robes that the other woman was wearing during the fight, the one who had her face covered.

She was trying to hide from them during that fight.

Her black armor revealed her built and strong body, along with the gleaming knives and weapons down her armor. Her once choppy short hair was traveling down her back, loose and long. She was definitely taller, 5'9 almost 5'10, her face was longer and stronger. She wasn't cowering behind her hair; she wasn't stuttering every time a big fancy council member talked to her.

He felt himself go dizzy at the sight of her. And even though he tried to hide it, he couldn't help but feel the slightest feeling of butterflies in his stomach, a feeling he tried to forget long ago. 

Maybe... just maybe, something could be salvaged of their relationship?

"Hey," She whispered, her voice hoarse.

Everyone was silent as they stared at her.

"Hey," They all mimicked back. Sophie continued down the stairs, her brown eyes on the ground.

"I don't really know what to say," Sophie said quietly, fiddling with the tip of one of her throwing knives on her armor. Everyone was still, not making a move.

"I'm not going to say I'm sorry if that is what you are waiting for," Sophie said suddenly.

"But, I know what I did hurt you, and the fact that I lied might have hurt you aswell-" Biana got up out of her chair. Sophie worriedly stepped back, her immediate reflex readying herself as if she Biana were about to attack her, Sophie's warrior instincts. Biana took small steps toward Sophie; everyone's breath quiet. Biana stopped in front of Sophie, having to look slightly up to meet Sophie's eyes.

"Sophie," Biana whimpered. Sophie held her breathe, worried if she made any action she would scare them away like a bunch of rats startled at a sound. Biana wrapped her arms around Sophie so fast it no one saw it coming, scaring the crap out of the blonde. Biana's face broke into a smile against Sophie's shoulder, her arms latched around her tight. Sophie's face was pale, her arms not even close to Biana, not knowing what to do. Sophie's lip started to slightly quiver, and her arms were wrapped around Biana as well, a small laugh breaking out of her. Keefe and Linh sprung up as well, running over and tackling Sophie with a tight hug, overwhelming Biana and Sophie, and the four of them toppled to the ground. Sophie's smile breaking through her face as they all laughed and smiled with one another. Tam and Fitz got up and helped everyone up, before crushing Sophie in their own hug.

"Yo-your okay!" Keefe laughed, his hands running through his hair. Sophie smiled, tears spilling down her golden cheeks.

"I escaped with the help of Alvar and a few others, and as much as I wanted to go back, I saw an opportunity to go back to my people." She met everyone's eyes.

"I was able to go back home. I snuck back into the base to get my stuff, and I saw all of you, and when you left, I grabbed everything, I had one foot out the window, but leaving you without any words exchanged between us was impossible. So I left-"