26~A Wrong Purpose~

Yo so this chapter is late, I am aware of that fact. I am working on thirty things right now, including my new PJO story, so yeah chapters might be a tad bit late. Also sorry about the spelling mistakes, I am just not a functioning human being right now.

Sophie POV-30 minutes earlier

(Sophie's prison cell)
"Hey-"

"What?" The old lady snapped.

"What is your name?" Sophie asked the old woman. Sophie was about to ask the old lady questions, and Sophie didn't know where to start, so she decided to start with an easy question.

"None of your damn beeswax!" The lady snapped.

"Soooooo..."

"Fine, just call me Sanaa." The old lady sighed. Sophie was comfortable with that and filtered through her head on what questions she should ask.

"So, you are an ancient Vatarian?"

"Yes, and you are Amalia Hera Moretti, leader of the Cyevan Assassin's guild in Inalia, daughter of Alllesandro Moretti, and regarded as the Queen of Assassins. You also go by your second name, Sophie Elizabeth Foster Ruewen, which was your name when you were hiding out with the humans and elves. You are regarded as one of the most deadly people in the world, with complex training and strategies gathered from all over the planet, and the mere sight of your brown eyes or family crest is enough to send your enemies into a paralysis of fear." Sanaa replied casually.

Sophie's jaw went slack.

"H-how, what on-"

"It's your scent, darling." Sanaa replied cooly.

"Scent?" Sophie questioned. Sophie heard Sanaa sigh, and she felt like there was a long explanation coming on.

"While it is true that you have some control over your Pancras form, much more than the modern-day Vatarian, you don't have access to the full Pancras experience. The original Vatarians have the same look as you do, with the claws, eyes, and fangs, but their senses are heightened beyond belief, but we can't change back and forth as you can. When you enter your Pancras form, your senses are heightened, yes, but you don't have the senses of an original Vatarian. The Vatarian's senses are so powerful that they have a smell, a certain scent on someone, similar to how a hound tracks a criminal by following their scent. And for someone who has a powerful scent, we can tap into them and read them. It is quite a confusing concept." Sanaa explained. Sophie was silent as she processed the information.

"Okay, I think I get it. So, if the ancient Vatarians were powerful, why did you create the six cities then?" Sophie asked.

"Do you know how the Vatarians were established before the cities?"

Sophie remembered her time in the Grecian schoolhouse she was enrolled in when she was little, where they discussed their people's history. "They were in tribes, based on the pantheon and gods they worshipped. But suddenly, they decided to create the cities, and then the Ancient Vatarians eventually morphed into the modern-day ones."