5~An Intruder~

Biana POV

Biana tucked her little sister, Sofia, into her bed, brushing aside her brown hair.

"Can you tell me a story?" Sofia asked, tugging on Biana's silk sleeve. Biana scrunched her brow, thinking.

"I have already told you all the stories I know!" Biana exclaimed, placing her finger on her chin, and Sofia giggling. Sofia's face lit up.

"Mommy and Daddy said I'm named after somebody! Why?" Sofia asked. Biana blanched and nervously looking away. Sofia was worried she said something wrong, but Biana nodded.

"You were named after Sophie Foster. She was an elf raised by humans-"

"Humans? Really?!" Sofia cut off. Biana looked at Sofia, and Sofia quickly quieted down.

"Fitz found her, and he brought her to the Elven cities. She was extremely powerful, an amazing telepath! But she could also teleport, Inflict, and more! She was my best friend, and she was gorgeous as well, with golden blond hair, tan skin, and copper brown eyes." Biana said warmly, Sofia watching Biana in wonder.

"Why haven't I met her?" Sofia asked. Biana stared at the ground and cleared her throat, trying to not bawl in front of Sofia. Even mentioning Sophie was enough to make Biana sob, Fitz was just as bad. She was still an open wound in everyone's hearts.

"She sacrificed herself to save a lot of people. The Neverseen took her, and we never saw her again." Biana trailed off. Sofia looked worryingly at her sister, who looked in a daze.

"She was kind, Sofia, so kind she put everyone in front of herself. She had these feeling to her that you could talk to her about anything, and she would be there to comfort you and love unconditionally. She was snarky and fun as well, making everyone laugh and never took anything from anybody." Biana said, ranting in her dazed tone. Biana's hands started to shake against Sofia's bed.

"Everyone loved her. She was the most amazing person I have ever known. That is why we named you after her. We knew if she saw you, she would have been proud." Biana said, brushing Sofia's face. Sofia stared at Biana, her eyes bright.

"She sounded amazing," Sofia said, inspired. Biana would have smiled, but she heard the word.

Sounded.

Sophie used to be amazing.

But she was gone now.

Biana kissed Sofia's forehead and whispered goodnight to her, then slipped out the door and into the hallway. Biana closed the door and slumped her back against it. Biana put her head in her hands and slid down the door, letting out small sobs.

Biana just wanted her best friend back.

Sofia tried to imagine Sophie in her mind

Sofia tried to imagine Sophie in her mind. She saw a tan girl starting back at her. The girl had short blond hair. No, long. The girl liked the short hair but always loved the long hair. She had brown eyes, swirling irises of copper, chocolate brown, flicked with golden specks. She had a warm voice with a contagious laugh, an aura of light around her. But even then, she was calm and calculated, and would never be pushed around. Sofia wished she could meet her so bad, hear about her and Biana's misadventures, about her amazing powers. Sofia felt her eyes start to flutter close until she heard a slight rustle coming from her bathroom. Sofia froze, clutching her blankets and her teal eyes wide.