Ch. 40- The Truth

Sophie slid down the cavern with Lilac and Ruy harshly whispering to her to get back

Sophie slid down the cavern with Lilac and Ruy harshly whispering to her to get back. Sophie shuffled behind some bushes and peeked through them, carefully trying to make a small amount of noise. Sophie suddenly feels something wrap around her ankle and pull her out of the bushes. Sophie landed on her back and slowly realized that she was face to face with the beast, with its slender tail wrapped around her ankle. Sophie got up while the creature snarled at eh, baring its teeth. Sophie just then realized how injured the dragon was. It had a thick chain wrapped around its muzzle and large gashes with sick red blood oozing out them. Sophie nearly barfed at the sight of them. Sophie made another stride, but the dragon snarled again and raised its tail.

"Stop. I am trying to help you, you giant lizard." Sophie snapped. The dragon settled down but still judged and watched Sophie as she pulled off the ropes and sealed the wounds with her hot lightning. Ruy helped Lilac and himself down the valley in a much safer way than Sophie took and remained a safe distance from the dragon. The dragon flinched and growled when Sophie started to cauterize the wounds.

"Do you want to bleed out?" Sophie whispered, annoyed. Sophie finished with the wounds and ropes and moved to try to pry off the chain from its muzzle. Just as Sophie almost got it off, she nicked the mouth of the dragon. The dragon screeched and glared at her. Sophie pulled the chain off and was immediately thrown to the side of the dragon. Sophie got up onto her feet and saw the dragon slowly start to stalk towards her.

"Amalia, get out of there!" Lilac whispered. But Sophie stood where she was, keeping constant eye contact with the dragon. It must have been her primal Pancras insists, but she knew the dragon wasn't moving to kill. It was trying to intimidate her, and Sophie refused to be intimidated by anybody, much less an overgrown lizard. As the dragon came closer it started to bear its teeth, showing off it slightly larger canines. Sophie smirked, knowing that the dragon was beginning to see Sophie as an unmovable figure. As fast as lightning, Sophie grabbed her hand around the dragon's right canine and pulled it closer to her, meeting its blood-red eyes with her brown ones.

"Questo è sufficiente." That is enough, Sophie threatened. The dragon's eyes went big as Sophie stared it straight in the eyes, her hand clenched around its fang. Sophie glanced behind her to make sure Lilac and Ruy couldn't see her face then she closed her eyes. Leto said the Pancras form was like a bunch of layers, pulling one away reveals another more powerful layer. Sophie felt her irises turn to gold, but she kept searching in her being for the next layer. The only time she last transformed into her full Pancras form was in a time of desperation, but she hasn't done it on command. Sophie felt something in the back of her mind, almost daring her to come closer to it. And when Sophie stepped closer to it, she felt the familiar tingling in her teeth, that quickly turned to sharp pain. Sophie opened her eyes and saw the dragon's eyes widen in surprise at her now golden eyes. Sophie opened her mouth and bared her fangs, similar to the one's the dragon has. Sophie wasn't used to her Pancras form yet, and she quickly had to transform back before she collapsed, especially because she made her fangs manifest. The dragon was still as a hunter, keeping their eyes trained on Sophie.