Ch. 27- The Quiet Moment

The great hall roared at the last announcement. Everyone was darting their heads around and yelling questions, including Sophie and her friends. They were yelling and demanding their questions answered. The Collective tried to shout over the crowd to regain control over the situation but to no avail. Forkle stepped up and pressed his fingers to his lips and blew. A loud blood-curdling whistle sounded through the large room, causing all of the Black Swan soldiers to groan and cover their ears. Sophie felt nostalgia wave over her even as she covered her ears in pain. Leto used the same whistle to gain control over the rowdy Cyevan guild.

"QUIET!" He roared.

That shut everybody up quick.

He sighed and ran a wrinkly hand over his face.

"We just got the information this morning. The elven cities are fine for now, simple enforcing their barriers and borders, getting more goblin soldiers, and creating emergency evacuation protocols. The mentors from Exile are also preparing the Elves." Forkle explained. Dex pushed himself to the front of the crowd being followed with all his friends, keeping close eyes on Squall, also known as his mother.

"If we have family in the lost cities, how will we be able to know they are safe if we are fighting in the war?" Dex asked, particular emphasis on the word family.

"We are going to keep close eyes on the imparter towers, and make sure they keep on running so people can get in easy and fast contact." Squall responded. She looked at Dex a bit longer than the others before answering more questions.

"Are we going to be working in alliance with the Council or are we still going to be independent and rogue?" Tam asked. Blur stepped up to answer the question.

"That is the other thing. In light of the information of the war, The Black Swan has become a branch of the Elven government." Blur was cut off by the collective groans, Sophie's groans the loudest of them all.

"Trust me. I have as much hatred towards the Council as all of you do. But we needed to join them to join forces against the Neverseen." Forkle announced. Everyone cursed and groaned but agreed. Sophie was so tired of the Council; they always had some rule or regulation that ruined everything. The only ones Sophie liked was Bronte and Oralie. They gave the details on who would be dispatched and when. Sophie's team, since they were so well trained and advanced, would be leaving in only absolute emergencies. Sophie was about to argue that the idea was the stupidest logic she had ever heard, but she got a hard glare from Forkle that shut her up.

Sophie's team agreed to outside and train since everyone is going to be running around inside getting ready, and they will just be waiting to get called in. But training quickly just turned to thinking about their families and the war. Biana was racing against Petra and Keefe on the soft grass, trying to keep morale high. Sophie thanked Biana for trying because Sophie just couldn't herself. Sophie saw Fitz, Tam, and Linh sitting in the sun talking amongst themselves. Tam sent her a look that Sophie easily recognized. He is the only one that knows about her tattoo and new shade powers. But he still doesn't know about her true identity.

I'm telling them soon, just getting facts in order. Sophie transmitted. Tam nodded and smiled at her warmly. He understands that this isn't some silly tattoo anymore, and she needs time to gather her facts and bearings. Sophie sat in the shade, drawing up her thoughts and questions in her journal.

(This text represents Sophie writing in her journal)

Leto said the Council demanded the History wipe on Vatarians because of the stupidy of one of their Councilors. Which Councilor? How did they find Inalia? And what happened that made them do a history wipe?