22~Infiltration Prep~

"You're... kidding." Leto breathed, a smile breaking on his face when he heard what happened at Foxfire.

"Nope! It seriously made my day!" Linh said warmly. Della burst into the room, out of breathe, Sofia at her heels.

"The council is here." She breathed, her eyes wide with worry. After hearing what the Council did, and what they put Alden through, they weren't excited to see them.

"Everyone act casual, don't give them a reason to think anything about us," Leto said, stuffing his Assassins sash into his pocket. Everyone walked downstairs and greeted the Council. And not just one or two members.

The whole Council was at their door.

"Councilors! What an honor! To what do we owe this pleasure?" Della said warmly, welcoming them all into Everglen.

"As you know, the Peaceful Assembly dinner is tonight, meant to discuss these aggressive new figures-" Leto glared at the Council, his fists tightening at his sides.

"-It is also a celebration of the return of little Sofia! How are you, Sofia?" Emery asked, glancing at Sofia, who was holding onto Fitz's hand, staring uncomfortably.

"I'm okay..." Sofia whispered, glancing up nervously at Fitz.

"Yes, well, since it is a celebration of her return, we thought she should be in attendance." Councilor Oralie cut in. Alden stepped forward, his face cold, but his voice warm.

He obviously hasn't forgiven them.

"As much as I trust the council-" Leto heard the accent in trust, almost like it hurt Alden to say that.

"My daughter and my family were targeted at the Festival, which was sworn to be strictly protected, and we only got her back because of the kindness of these mystery figures. For her safety and my family's, I don't want her to be in attendance." Alden said swiftly. Oralie and Bronte smirked, both of them showing that he made the right decision, but the rest of the Council had unpleasantness and coldness flicker in their eyes.

"I can promise you that this event is going to be strictly monitored." Councilor Nolan promised. Biana walked forward and placed a delicate hand on her father's shoulder.

"Some of us will go, just so you will be able to say we were there. But Sofia is not leaving our sight, much less this home." Biana said sternly. The Council looked at Emery, who was conveying all the facts and arguments.

"Deal," Emery sighed, shaking Biana's hand.

"Three of you will go," Emery said as the councilors started towards the leap master. Everyone watched as the councilors flashed away, and they all turned to Biana.

"What were you thinking?!" Keefe asked. Biana sighed and closed her eyes, trying to think.

"Think about it guys, this is a random dinner event that was turned extremely public, where they want Sofia to be in attendance. The dinner is a perfect attack possibility for the Neverseen, and the Council knows that. So do the Assassins, and so you have to think-"

"It's a trap for the Assassins." Leto finished for her, his hand going to his head in realization.

"Do you think they know?" Dex asked.

"It's impossible to know. But if Amalia is the one in charge of the Guild now, which there is a slight possibility she is, I think she would realize it as well. But that doesn't change the fact that there is a huge risk factor in this dinner, so they don't have a choice but to protect it. And Biana here invited us so we could possibly get some confirmation on the Assassins, and possibly-"