14~Leaving Behind Words~

Sophie POV

"Do you know how devastated they were?! How long they grieved?!" Ro screamed, walking forward.

"Ro-"

"They are still traumatized! The mere mention of your name is enough to make them clam up and go silent! How could you be standing here claiming to be this Assassin Mentore, when your friends and family in the Lost cities were left behind?!"

"Do you think I wanted to leave them, Ro?!" Sophie screamed, Ro stopping dead in her tracks.

"I think of them every day! I did this for them! I returned to my home and my people, for everyone!" Sophie yelled back.

"I do this for everyone, and me... dying, was the only way I could do it! Don't yell at me about being selfish, I sacrificed everything!" Sophie finished with a snarl. Ro looked at Sophie, her eyes wide, wondering what happened the last three years, but Sophie took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. The minute Sophie revealed her identity, Ro started screaming.

"I miss them everyday Ro, I miss everything about them, but that doesn't mean I can go back," Sophie said with a scratchy voice.

"We will discuss this later. How is it possible that Sophie is Amalia?" Dimitar cut off, his shock finally wearing off. Sophie explained all of it. The Elves selling out Inalia, who her family is, how Leto his her in the human cities to be found by the elves, and everything else.

"Damn," Ro whispered after Sophie explained everything.

"Yeah, damn." Sophie echoed, leaning against a pillar in the throne room.

"And why did you return to me?" King Dimitar asked.

"I want to reforge my father's alliance with you. The Assassins are slowly starting to become public knowledge, not even Inalians know about us yet. Your alliance can help us when we reveal ourselves, plus you have seen the power and stealth of the Assassins, our help could be extremely beneficial to you." Sophie explained. Dimitar started to pace in thought, Ro looking curiously at her father. Even years later, Sophie still slightly cowered in front of Dimitar; his very presence was threatening. But Sophie reminded herself that she was extremely deadly as well, and she could easily match Dimitar's battle prowess now.

"I trusted the Assassins with my life in the past, and they never let me down. If you claim to be as good of an Assassin as your father, then I will agree to your alliance." King Dimitar decided. Sophie just let a slight smile break through her face, but inside she was breathing the biggest sigh of relief and smiling like a fool.

"I'll keep in touch. Thank you, your highness." Sophie said, pulling up her hood. Sophie jumped up the side of the wall and back to the window sill she snuck in.

"Mentore." King Dimitar called for Sophie.

"I normally don't care for the pitiful elven emotions but..." Dimitar sighed.

"Ro is somewhat right about those friend of yours." Dimitar finished. Sophie thought for a moment before nodding and leaving out the window.